Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav To Tv Conversion Ls400 Mark 4

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the best way to convert the factory Sat Nav so TV can be viewed on it? I have found a place in I think it's Dorset but they want £400!

I have a Kenwood Japanese 8 inch screen with sat nav box, tv tuner etc. and wondered if the tv tuner could be used to convert the factory nav?

£400 seems a pretty good deal to me..... i recently got a 98 ls400 and have been thinking about doing the same thing..... the quote i was given was £600

something i am interested in is how do you select the tv? its not like lexus were kind enough to put in a spare 'aux/ tv' button for the touch screen (or did they????)

i also want to supply the tv to head rest screens, and also have a PS2 (not bothered if that goes to the front screen).... should be an interesting little project :)

The quote I got was from www.driveandview.com and they are based in Dorset, Poole. It is quite far down the country for me to get to so by the time I get there to have the conversion done, it will wotk out quite dear. I'm on the good old lpg, but would probably stay the night and soon the costs will add up.

I would like to do the full conversion with the headrest screens for the kids, but might go for something that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

I was originally going to purchase an ls430 premium pack but the air suspension put me off! Would've had it all in there but not meant to be. I understand they don't go wrong (suspension), but if it did, I'd be out of pocket pretty sharpish! :angry:

Let me know if you find anything on the above.

it will be a while before i get it done..... spent all my pennies on the car, and i have a few other bits to fix first

Dorset is a nice place, if i got my car done there, i would probably turn it into a mini holiday,

it will be a while before i get it done..... spent all my pennies on the car, and i have a few other bits to fix first

Dorset is a nice place, if i got my car done there, i would probably turn it into a mini holiday,

Cool. Got to go down there sometime. I've just forked out on my car and the lpg conversion so the conversion seems a bit much at the mo. If I didn't have the lpg done i'd be tempted, but then would cost me an arm and aleg to run the car.

My Uncle managed to get 510 miles off £50 lpg other day :) He went to London and back with the car fully loaded with 2 suitcases in the boot. Filled up in Bradford for £0.55 litre and the at £0.70 on the motorway. Not bad at all for a v8 (he has a R1997 LS with the older none vvti engine).

yeah.... i was looking at digital tv.... the place i looked at can do analogue for an extra £30ish ..... but as you say...no point with them shutting off the analogue signal over the next couple years