Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

was invited to mercedes in wolverhampton on sunday to see the new CLK drop top. wow. i seen it before on paper but i really liked it in the flesh.

its expensive, talkin bout £33,225 for a 240 wit no extras, wouldnt mind payin that but wot does annoy the ***** out of me is that its ssssssssooooooooooooooo slow!!! 10.2 for auto ands bout 27mpg, thats jus wrong

320 is 8.2 seconds so is slightly better but doubt i will get insured on it in a year and a half though.

got a test drive of one at end of august though i think

lexus is ace, cant fault them but they have nothin to compete with CLK cab or coupe

jus my oppinion

mitch

Mitch, I got invited to the same thing at my local dealer for the launch of the CLK Cabriolet (they were offering a free BBQ which is why I went!) I took out the CLK320 for a test drive, it was fully loaded with options, leather, command etc. No complaints about that engine being sluggish and it sounded lovely with the roof down. I didn't even bother looking at the price :(

Well, for what its worth here's my 2 cents. I've got a 1993 LS400 and a 1990 560SEL. For Luxury and quiteness along with everything else the Benz beats the Lexus all to hell ! My Wife says that riding in the Benz is like riding first Class in a 747 Jet aircraft. The Lexus is nice but there's nothing like riding in a Mercedes Sedan...of course it cost me $110,000 compared to 45,000 for the Lexus. Your not going to find comfort in a sports Benz that's for sure. However the money makes the diff..my Lexus is on it's last leg and the Benz is just now getting broke in...It's an investment that will be around for many decades..!!

Shoili, you are probably right about earlier mercs, I think they were built rather better then. I have driven both the modern S class and the lexus. The LS430 is very much improved over the 400, and on balance it is a better car for my needs than the merc. Anyway I have now bought one, so we shall see. :yawn:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links