Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I am looking at replacing my car with a GS and not keen on the hybrid due to boot space and kids. Is Lexus still making the GS or have now totally gone they hybrid way?

couldn't find anything on the website

Thanks

Lexus has gone completely hybrid except the IS and SC430, the GS, RX and LS are all hybrid only unfortunately. You'll have to buy a used one or go for the hybrid.

Lexus should have sorted the boot space issue out on the hybrids first or at least given people the choice between the hybrid or full petrol.

I gues time to look at the new E-Class or Jag

Lexus should have sorted the boot space issue out on the hybrids first or at least given people the choice between the hybrid or full petrol.

I gues time to look at the new E-Class or Jag

It was an odd move, especially seeing as they're in production all over the world, it's only the UK that's scrapped the normal models. I'm assuming they sold so few of them that they were happy to sacrifice the customers that would have gone for the petrol versions.

I've heard the XF has some reliability issues, but I do really like them. The new 5 appears worth a look in too :)

I'm looking to replace my 10 year old IS200 within the next year or so and I'd like to go for the GS, and as pointed out the hybrid ones have a small boot. My option would be to go for a used GS300 (I would want a SE-L spec), but I'm also doing more miles now, so I'm starting to look at used BMW 535d M Sports or used Mercedes E280/320CDI Sports.

I did test drive a GS450h recently and its a rapid car, but as mentioned the boot is small.

I don't buy brand new cars, I tend to buy used cars (say 3 years old) and run them into the ground.

Problem with the BMW is ego. The new 5 is nice but will prefer the Merc. Heard they also have injector problems. Or better to wait for the GS replacement hopefully late next yr early 2012

Or better to wait for the GS replacement hopefully late next yr early 2012

I think Lexus are planning to stay hybrid only so the problem may still be there unless they find a way to package the batteries better.

Hi,

I am looking at replacing my car with a GS and not keen on the hybrid due to boot space and kids. Is Lexus still making the GS or have now totally gone they hybrid way?

couldn't find anything on the website

Thanks

The GS300 is still available here in Ireland.

If you can locate a dealer here that will sell one to you for export,(you'll have to buy new)then you won't have to pay the extortianate Irish taxes, but you will have to pay something similar when importing it into the UK.

It'll take a bit of searching and haggling, but I've heard of it being done before with a Toyota.

Happy hunting.