Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Lexus Might Die

hello guys;

Dam driver who course accidents -

i was on my way home from work, on a 40mph road passed a bend and notice a car on the middle of the road braked hard and almost missed

him - but did not :( - the other car did not have his brake or indicator on.... - after talking to the driver, he told me that a driver just braked hard and tuned left; this coursed them to brake hard, as they where getting ready to set of i hit them.... - so the other car who turned left coursed the Accident....

now my problem my car is 1999 and in mint con; just spent 200.00 on refurb alloys..now my insurance said their is possibility my car will be written off... also i have a privet number worth a lot!!!! -

Damage - front passenger side - bumper; head light -

will i loose my car??? -

hello guys;

i was on my way home from work, on a 40mph road passed a bend and notice a car on the middle of the road braked hard and almost missed

him - but did not :( - the other car did not have his brake or indicator on.... - after talking to the driver, he told me that a driver just braked hard and tuned left; this coursed them to brake hard, as they where getting ready to set of i hit them.... - so the other car who turned left coursed the Accident....

now my problem my car is 1999 and in mint con; just spent 200.00 on refurb alloys..now my insurance said their is possibility my car will be written off... also i have a privet number worth a lot!!!! -

will i loose my car??? -

hiya mate,

sorry to hear about this. any accident is bad news :(

any chance you could put some photos up of the damage ?

hello guys;

will i loose my car??? -

privet???in the eyes of the insurance its your fault as you failed to stop short!!!!regardles of what anyone else was up too.......

the thing is their will be damage behind the bumper and lights so it depends on the cost to repair and lex parts are not cheap....

also it wouldn't matter if you had spent £500.000 on parts for the car its still a 99 so its not worth a lot.....

you could buy it back and repair it yourself if you wanted......

If you need a OEM front bumper then i will have one spare as soon as i install the TTE front bumper. Ormi, how much should the sport grills cost from Lexus? i need everything for the TTE front bumper oh and the badge also.

the accident is your fault

the damage needs further description as "front damage" could mean anything

your number plate will be yours to transfer and not included in the valuation

a 99 is only worth a few thousand weather mint or not, so it will be very likely that it will be written off

hello guys;

now my problem my car is 1999 and in mint con; just spent 200.00 on refurb alloys..now my insurance said their is possibility my car

looking my options..- shall stay with lexus or move to another? - things are

will be written off... also i have a privet number worth a lot!!!! -

will i loose my car??? -

hiya mate,

sorry to hear about this. any accident is bad news :(

any chance you could put some photos up of the damage ?

you can its not a lot of Damage - but its a Lexus..... photo on my profile - under photos....sorry its been a while since i added a photo onto posts....

looking at my options - stick with lexus or move to another car, - things are not like they used to be... wife went ill so one income... - and used to the good things in life, nice car nice home etc... - also not as young as used to...

yes i am feeling down...i loved my Lex.... - my dream car..- how are these new lexus cars now days?? i like the is220d - is250 a lot - but why are there so many for sale???

i have a lot of thinking to do......

also guys you may remember 2 years ago, i was n this same problem after my keys got nicked and my Insu paid 2k for a new set... which was odd...

thx

Really feel for you mate. We all know that IS200's are brilliant, but the car market is very sensitive to high mpg and high road tax so your car won't be worth a lot. Sign of the times. I think we all see a lot of 220d's because there are well known problems, including poor mpg. The 250's are in Band K (£445 per year). Really makes the IS200 a good buy. When you can afford it, I would go for the IS300. They are know getting old/cheap but they will still be in Band K (£245 per year). Best of luck.

Sorry to hear about the crash, as others have said it all depends on how bad the damage is. I also have a front bumper if it might help. Hope it all works out ok.

hello guys;

will i loose my car??? -

Hi, sorry about the crash,well you might not lose the car as you could buy it off the insurance company if it is written off(economic write off - that is where the car is considered by the insurance company as being not worth repairing due to cost of repair and value of car) and have it repaired.Once owned a mazda xedos 6 that got written off so bought it back of the insurance company and had it repaired.So if it does get written off ask if you can buy it back once they have paid out.

thank you guys for all your inputs; - talking to my Mrs; and thinking about the car as a whole - facts 120K on the clock; drivers - heated seats not working - motorway speed control broken - new hand brake due -

had another thought - all 3 passengers in the car were living together; only one was on the mobile the whole time, one was doing all the talking, the other one did not now English; okay....not so odd; it's a great location to course a accident, right after a bend; and an overpass at the same time...

thinking - its was a scam.... - car was passed the road on the right by a thought feet... - they just could of played me, and made the whole story up!

so just by looking at that - a new car is well due.... - as my mate has just told me, life in UK is not without Dept.

Mrs does not like any car accept a Lexus, - a IS220D sounds great.. -

Guys who offered bumpers (thank you) if i buy me car back i will take up on your offers..

All you guys are making me feel better, with all your feedback; information......

Update -

My Insurance company and i, think the accident was staged and is been passed to the Fraud accident dept for More Then Insurance.

Car been picked up on Thursday, might get a answer on friday or monday - regarding to or not to repair!!!

wish me luck....

It's Gone.... - QRS Luton just picked my car.... - a very sad day....My Lex is - (sorry) was a big part of my life.....how odd a peace of metal can give me so much pain inside....... :crying:

.........now its waiting for that phone call.... ! - my heart say's keep it and buy the car back - my head tell me let it go take the cash if offered and move on.....

Some Good News - My Insur Co. has said "Yes" to repaire the car....yes you all thats right!! "its a YES"

have till thursday to find out aprox time of repair.

Was so sure was going to lose my Lexi; - a bit in shock!!! :whistling:

hello guys;

will i loose my car??? -

Hi, sorry about the crash,well you might not lose the car as you could buy it off the insurance company if it is written off(economic write off - that is where the car is considered by the insurance company as being not worth repairing due to cost of repair and value of car) and have it repaired.Once owned a mazda xedos 6 that got written off so bought it back of the insurance company and had it repaired.So if it does get written off ask if you can buy it back once they have paid out.

hi gr8 news good on you.make sure they do a good job.

thanks guys;

for all your best wishes, and support.... will take some pic's once i get the car back...

Once i get the car back its time to do a services, MOT, Road tax... etc not forgeting the Hand Brake...

Have a look at my Pic on the left.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links