Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thank Goodness For The Internet! Help My Dad Out Please!

highway

Gentlemen,

I come to you asking for help. My dad has bought a lovely very low miles SC430. He's coming to it from a loaded Bmw 330D Touring. The car is immaculate but already there are a few issues which I hope you can help me resolve.

1. The tyre pressure warning light is on. The little research I've done thus far leads me to believe this is a common problem. The car has only done 11k and I have checked the pressures all around which appear correct. I certainly dont want him spending £110 per sensor, which I saw mentioned on another thread. How can I disable this system..easily?

2. The rear struts that lift the boot up seem to have given up the ghost. The boot opens fine to swallow the roof, I think the struts the opposite side are working then. How much to replace/repair the actual boot struts? I'm assuming its reasonably easy to do?

3. I cant believe a car this well equipped came without rear parking sensors? Any specific set you chaps use ( I'm assuming some of you have wives/girlfriends who cant park without them) There are loads on the bay, but I'd like some that fit behind the rear bumper without showing, do a good job and for all intents and purposes look "factory". Which set do I need, How much, who dO I use to fit them?

4. Similar to the above, dad has a parrot kit fitted to the 330. Is this is simple retro fit to a Sc430? What harness do I need? Where from and how much?

Sorry to hit you with so many questions, I'm a regular on the Porsche forums and the best place to look for answers on anything car related seems to be a model specific net' forum. Be grateful for helpful replies. Thanks in advance.

- put shifter on N, screw off shifter

- open up center console

- pull the whole heated seat module straight up, it will come up. disconnect

- you will be able to pull up the "back" part of the shift plate area (close to center console)

- once it's up, the only point holding it are two clips right below the radio

- pull the shift plate towards the back of the car and a bit angle up. jiggle a bit and it will come off

- once it's out, you will see the TPS unit right below the radio

- unplug BOTH plugs, one small on the right and one bigger one on the left

- put everything back and enjoy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRUNK-LIFT-SUPPORTS-STRUTS-2002-2003-2004-LEXUS-SC430-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b1db17bfQQitemZ170487650239QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

5 minute job

Any aftermarket ones will work or you can install a camera hooked up to the nav screen

4. Yes, Im pretty sure the harness you need is mentioned on here if you search

Thanks for that. I'll try the sensor fix tomorrow! What parking sensors (if any) do you use. Dont like the look of the aftermarket "wart" types, but I've read mixed reviews re the antenna style in bumper type. What SC430 owners preferred choice?

I actually have the Lexus OEM parking sensors that where only available for Japanese market. You could no doubt buy them from Japan but their nothing special. I dont think anyone bothers installing them TBH as for the effort you might as well do the reversing camera, which alot of the US folks do.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links