Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Washer Bottle

fipsy

Evening all. The past week or so i have noticed that when i squirt my windscreen jets there's a bad smell like stale socks/body odour. And before you ask No its not me ha ha. It can only be i presume stale water/screen wash in the resevoir. What i want to know is How easy is it to access and remove the resevoir to drain it fully and give it a good clean out? I dont want to just fill it and squirt it all out as thats risking burning the motor out i guess. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, dave

• 2 weeks later...

at a guess the smell must be caused by bacteria in the pipes a bit like can happen with aircon although ive never heard of it in a washer bottle - you can buy washer fluid with a air freshening smell to add but if it was me id just add bog standard undiluted stuff and squirt your jets till the whole lots gone a few times-should clean the whole system as its anti-bac as well

How have you flushed it?

Sorry for the late reply. I took the arch liner off to gain access to the washer bottle so i could initially remove it but it was a right pain to do. So i left it in place and just pulled off the main rubber hose that goes upto your jets in the bonnet. I then got a piece of old hose pipe and placed that over the part where i pulled the rubber hose off. Then i filled the bottle with warm water and squirted it out through the old hose pipe. That way i didnt get crappy water all over my car, instead it ran down the drive ha ha. I did this 3 or 4 times and it seemed to do the trick........for a couple of days!!! So now back to square one! I think ill try flushing the pipes too, maybe if i disconnected them from the washer jets and the bottle i could blast the hose pipe down them to try and clear them out of any possible muck.

at a guess the smell must be caused by bacteria in the pipes a bit like can happen with aircon although ive never heard of it in a washer bottle - you can buy washer fluid with a air freshening smell to add but if it was me id just add bog standard undiluted stuff and squirt your jets till the whole lots gone a few times-should clean the whole system as its anti-bac as well

Thats another possibility, may try that. For the sake of a couple of £'s on a bottle of fluid after ive flushed the pipes too its worth a shot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links