Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Mk4 And Ls430 Coil Pack

Does anyone know if the coilpack on the mark 4 ls400 and the ls430 are the same?

Hmmmm well this site Lexusparts lists them as slightly different part numbers and the LS430 part is $20 cheaper.

Thanks for this and you're right. The part numbers are different and the ls430's are cheaper but when looking at the diagrams, they're the same! I would expect the ls430's to be dearer but it's the opposite way round. It's a tricky one. I think I'll get onto ADL tomorrow and ask them if they have them down as different. Maybe it's just the part numbers are different?

LS400 (2000) model

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/online/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?model=LS400&year=2000&catalogCode=431420&VAID=4062&selectConditions=(8=USA)&sectionID=1&componentsID=19-01&componentsIndex=21&isBigPicture=True

LS430 (2002) model

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/online/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?model=LS430&year=2002&catalogCode=431430&VAID=4070&selectConditions=(7=USA)&sectionID=1&componentsID=19-01&componentsIndex=21&isBigPicture=True

I remember I went to get some bonnet washer jets for my Evo from Mitsubishi and they had one of the jets at £15 and the other at £29 or something similar and there was no difference in the two! What a scam but the guy there told me they are the same and gave me them both at the cheaper price.

Anyone else know if there is any difference in the coil packs?

Yes they do that re parts pricing, so many tales to tell but a recent one happened when replacing an oil cooler on a Hyundai I was told that we would "definitely need" the top hose too as it is "special".

Paid £18 for a 300mm length of straight 9mm pressure hose and had to pay cash up front so no refunds.

Certainly saw me coming......

They certainly take advantage of us don't they :angry:

Maybe the opportunity could be taken to now " name and shame " some of these businesses that we think rip us off !!!

Maybe another section in the LOC Forums ?

Malc

They certainly take advantage of us don't they :angry:

Maybe the opportunity could be taken to now " name and shame " some of these businesses that we think rip us off !!!

Maybe another section in the LOC Forums ?

Malc

I think it would be a good idea as it will stop anybody else getting ripped off

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links