Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Getting To Grips With 08 Lexus 250

Hi everyone,

Update on my CD player problem. Lexus Wolverhampton have replaced a faulty amplifier and all is well. Before the repair I could hear the radio but not the CD.

Battery issues still remain.

The first problem was a lack of understanding on my part that the engine MUST be running before using the Sat Nav, radio, CD etc. No one mentioned this when I bought the car and I have seen no warning in the manual. Many thanks to those who replied to my previous posts on this topic. What happened was that the Battery went from 12 v to 10.3 v in half an hour, enough to prevent the engine from starting. AA confirmed that the Battery was fine.

The second problem was that the engine wouldn't start when I returned from a 2 week holiday. It had not been used during my 2 weeks absence. The AA told me that the Battery was completely flat. I had checked carefully that no interior/exterior lights were on and that no doors or boot were partially open. The Battery was recharged and again the AA said that the Battery was fine.

Lexus Wolverhampton have now checked the Battery and found the Battery to be fine with no issues with leakages,outages etc. Their explanation was that the Lexus 250 has advanced electronics and the Battery can be "in use" due to the security light or a possible audible warning. I did notice the red light flashing but thought this was normal when the security system was primed.

I have no complaints with the AA or Lexus Wolverhampton but am puzzled that Lexus appear to have designed a car where the Battery can, in certain circumstances, be unable to support the electronics. I have previously owned a Lexus 200 and before that a Toyota Avensis and in 9 years never had a single Battery issue !!

Does anyone have any ideas please as to what may wrong assuming that this is not actually a design problem ?

Best wishes,

Peter

Hi everyone,

Update on my CD player problem. Lexus Wolverhampton have replaced a faulty amplifier and all is well. Before the repair I could hear the radio but not the CD.

Battery issues still remain.

The first problem was a lack of understanding on my part that the engine MUST be running before using the Sat Nav, radio, CD etc. No one mentioned this when I bought the car and I have seen no warning in the manual.

NOTICE

To prevent the Battery from being dis-

charged, do not leave the audio/video

system on longer than necessary

when the engine is not running.

this is from the manual.

regarding the Battery - my car also doesn't want to start after 10 days. Quite a shame, but whan can we do...

I find this very strange and quite pathetic really, my brother had his Astra stolen in Sep 2009 and the police recovered it in Nov 2009.

We sent yesterday to the Police compound and started the car up for the first time in 8 months and it started first time with no problem whatsoever.

What does this say about Lexus.....

I find this very strange and quite pathetic really, my brother had his Astra stolen in Sep 2009 and the police recovered it in Nov 2009.

We sent yesterday to the Police compound and started the car up for the first time in 8 months and it started first time with no problem whatsoever.

Maybe the police were using it as a runaround :whistling:

it says that astra doesn't have the keyless feature, which consumes constantly and apparently a lot of electricity in lexus.

However lexus should have implemented some controll and switch the keyless off, when the Battery voltage decreases to specified voltage.

It's not the keyless entry system.... that shuts down after 5 days from memory (then you have to use the button on the keyfob to unlock the doors).

Something isn't right if you cant leave your car to go on holiday and not have it start when you come back !!!

I have left my 06 GS for a month before, come back, (had to use the fob to open it because keyless entry shuts down) and then pushed start and it fires up first time (as I would expect).

The Ed

I opened my IS220d after 10 days as usual - by pulling the handle.

The startup procedure went fine (including the steering wheel), just instead of starting I heard - tsik-tsik-tsik-tsik. And I had to use the starting cables.

I have an 08 IS250 SE-L. I've left if for over two weeks whilst being away on holiday, business or whatever. Never had a problem with the Battery or starting in the way being described. In fact it was parked for 8 days in an Alpine resort last winter in temperatures as low as -20 Celsius and under 2 feet of snow by the end of the week. There was no problem in getting it started at all (thankfully I'd left the snow chains on as well, so getting it moving wasn't a drama either).

Just my tuppence worth.