Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza / Is200 Parts

bigstring

Evening ladies and gents.....

Looking at getting either an Altezza or an IS200, Altezza being top, But want to know about parts, do the IS200 parts fit the Altezza, such as pads, disc's and other general bits? or do we have to get them from over sea's?

Whats the beams engine like to maintain? I do most of my owne work when it comes to servicing.

As this will be my daily driver, and doing 400 miles a week in it, I dont want to be waiting for parts to turn up and have it sat around, amd me not working.

And whats the pros and cons of the IS Vs the Altezza?

Please can some one advise

if your gonna be doing 400 miles a week- depending on fuel costs where you are the lex is gonna be a drain - not sure what the tezza is like on fuel tbh but it might be cheaper to run

If you're clocking up 400 miles a week that going to cost you a bit in an Altezza RS200. If it's all open road driving then a full tank should just last you.

I can't believe I'm going to say this :tomato: but I think a diesel Mondeo or Golf would be better suited to your needs. Definitely more economical to run but won't be as fun to drive but...

As for parts, most suspension, brake & panel bits are the same so you shouldn't have any hassles sourcing them locally.

"I think a diesel Mondeo or Golf would be better suited to your needs"

Are you mad? I cant think of anything worse than sitting with the rest of the "boring" croud going to and from work!

I know it would make sense but I cant go down that route just yet, I have managed to clock up 10,000 miles in my celica in 3 months, and is proving costly, Just looking for something a little more relaxed and more driver friendly.

If you're clocking up 400 miles a week that going to cost you a bit in an Altezza RS200. If it's all open road driving then a full tank should just last you.

I can't believe I'm going to say this :tomato: but I think a diesel Mondeo or Golf would be better suited to your needs. Definitely more economical to run but won't be as fun to drive but...

As for parts, most suspension, brake & panel bits are the same so you shouldn't have any hassles sourcing them locally.

I would say that 200 miles would be taken up by "long" driver, ie motorway, and the rest in towns, The celica currently costs me £55 a week for this, would the IS200 or Altezza differ any?

if your gonna be doing 400 miles a week- depending on fuel costs where you are the lex is gonna be a drain - not sure what the tezza is like on fuel tbh but it might be cheaper to run

Well £40 of fuel (currently @113.9) get me 220-240 miles- this is a combination of dual carriage and town driving.

currently @113.9 - Where'd you live? still £117.9 round these Wiltshire parts...

Not to bad..... we shall see then, await new car post in the next would of weeks...

So does the beams burn more? I know the car is lighter, but more BHP

Well £40 of fuel (currently @113.9) get me 220-240 miles- this is a combination of dual carriage and town driving.

currently @113.9 - Where'd you live? still £117.9 round these Wiltshire parts...

I'm in Yorkshire mate- petrol is a bit cheaper "oop north" :)

Ive had a celica GT then bought an altezza RS200 its definitly better on fuel, I can average 33mpg if you drive sensibly and its got an extra gear unlike the celica so its better on the motorway, much nicer ride aswell and space but not as fast on the bends as the celica, Gd luck

I put 43L of 98pulp in the Altezza the other week which gave me @ 3/4 of a tank. Used about 1/2 a tank on the open road & the rest commuting to work. I got 483km (300 miles) from that which equates to @ 11L per 100km or in the old speak 27mpg. As for cost it was NZ$1.86 (£0.88) per L :hehe:

Like E910 said, most parts are the same as the IS200.

If you are handy, the engine is a 3S-GE, so you could get a lot of parts from Celica and MR2, biggest difference being coil packs vs. spark plugs, and longitudinal mounting.

There is also the high compression, but the MR2 has a BEAMS w/high compression. But again, the Altezza has dual VVTi(intake and exhaust), MR2 BEAMS I believe only has intake VVTi.

I have read on here that you can still order parts for your Altezza from Toyota/Lexus dealers, and the wait is not that bad.

You might PM ORMI, he works or worked for a Toyota dealership, and would be able to tell you more about the parts issue.

I would love to help you out on the gas issue as well, but I usually get this condition where my foot gets real heavy when I drive the Altezza.

And the only thing I know about the IS200 is that most of the owners get real disappointed about power after having them awhile.

There are quite a few owners on here who have gone several different avenues to remedy that:

supercharging seems to be the most common, a few turbo charged, and engine swaps=2JZ-GTE, 1JZ-GTE, 3S-GTE(from MR2), and I believe someone put a 1G-GTE in an IS200 as well.

Not sure how that does on fuel though.

There is also another thread somewhere here about different Altezza models:

Like RS200z, RS200L, TOM'S E910, NETZ Turbo, and the Qualitat Modellista.

The Altezza AS300 is like the SportCross with a 2JZ-GE, all wheel drive, automatic only.

The Altezza AS200 also has a BEAMS motor, but it is a 1G-FE (same as IS200).

The F in the 1G-FE head designator is supposed to stand for fuel efficiency.

But again, most of the IS200 owners are not happy with their fuel consumption.

Evening ladies and gents.....

Looking at getting either an Altezza or an IS200, Altezza being top, But want to know about parts, do the IS200 parts fit the Altezza, such as pads, disc's and other general bits? or do we have to get them from over sea's?

Whats the beams engine like to maintain? I do most of my owne work when it comes to servicing.

As this will be my daily driver, and doing 400 miles a week in it, I dont want to be waiting for parts to turn up and have it sat around, amd me not working.

And whats the pros and cons of the IS Vs the Altezza?

Please can some one advise

You stealing my ideas Ginge?? :-o