Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sunroof Problem

Lads, I had a major problem with the sunroof this evening. I got into the car and opened the sunroof as normal (no issues with this) then when I had arrived home and tried to close it, all it would do was to close a short bit and reopen. I did this a few times, so in the end I had to inch it closed. I tried the tilt which is fine, I tried it again after I got it closed and hapened again. So its staying closed till I figure out what wrong and how to fix. Any idea's ?

Are you talking about the rubber seal ? I think my problem is with the runner the glass sits on ! I dont want to go to dealer, would a windscreen replacement place at a look do you think ?

• 2 years later...

Any idea where to get a new rubber seal to sunroof? As my picture shows, the inner seal is in a bad condition.

10841563.jpg

Or has someone made with seals a different kind of solution to this?

Any help is needed, thanks! :)

Thanks for answers...I have asked dealers, who are working with class and also with seals, but they havent say nothing solution to this.

I would change it myself, but I havent found any seal to solve this problem, which might fit there, or different solution.

If possible Chris, will you send me those seals, what ur dealer used to your car, I would able to change it myself. :)

Are they living in far away perhaps? :)

Thanks.

Thanks for answers...I have asked dealers, who are working with class and also with seals, but they havent say nothing solution to this.

I would change it myself, but I havent found any seal to solve this problem, which might fit there, or different solution.

If possible Chris, will you send me those seals, what ur dealer used to your car, I would able to change it myself. :)

Are they living in far away perhaps? :)

Thanks.

I'm not really sure what your asking me here mate? I don't have anything to send you.

When my seals cracked and started leaking I called Lexus Bristol. They knew exactly what I was talking about as it must be a common problem. They took payment for the part over the phone and posted the seal to me. I then took the car to a local place just outside Chippenham that fit sunroofs, windows, window tints etc and got them to fit it for me. Whole thing cost me less than £50 :)

Sorry my bad english. :)

I mean, could u buy a new seals from Lexus Bristol, exactly same kind of what Lexus Bristol gave to you and then send those to me? I pay ofc. :) If it was under 50£ it does not sound bad at all. :)

I have tried to find from here http://www.toyodiy.c...L-AEFVKW_3.html and local Toyota said too, that they dont find a seal from their computers.

I called Lexus Finland to Espoo city, naah, no sunroof experience from Lexus cars in Finland. I'm really trouble with this problem. :S

And also I dont live any near of Helsinki, that I might find more dealers to go ask to solve this problem.

Chris, u can send me a personal message, what do u think about this? :)

Thanks...

• 4 weeks later...

I would happy to know, if somebody has figured out, what kind of solution can be used in sunroof's seal problem? Is there any aftermarket seal, what has somebody used or any another solution to this. Dont know what kind of solution it was with Chris. I put my cousin call to Lexus Bristol, but nope, they only offered same what every others toyota/lexus dealers. OEM seal comes with glass and over £200 and in Finland 304€.

Hope I will figure something, if nobody has anything to offer. :)