Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Grille Looks Best

Rory

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Grille??

• Sport Grille
    • Original but Blacked out edging
    • Limited Edition

Ok people, I got 3 grilles, a Sport one with a slight customisation, I Limited Edition one that needs a re-spray, and an original one with a slight customisation, which looks the best on the car??

01052010110.jpg

14022010049.jpg

09022010047.jpg

Can't decide between the Sport and LE grill- I'd probably go for the Sport grill minus the badges, keep it nice and clean.

Sport has all the votes so far, moved the horns today so it looks better, altho i've still yet to fit a front lip, and I always used to think that it can look like theres too much car and not enough grille, if that makes sense lol

• 3 months later...

just sold the LE one about 3 weeks ago for £25 on the bay, they do pop up from time to time, one came up in silver not too long ago and it went for similar money to mine

rory sport grill gets my vote mate and when you fit the front lip please do a writeup as i still have mine to fit mate :whistling:

I crashed the car with the sport grille on at the beginning of the month :( lol so the standard grille is on for now

since the sport grilles are generally pre-painted but not in red.. if I get another it'll be black, so I don't know whether to or not

the front lip may not be going on, as i'm hoping for just the corner spats instead depending on price and to do somethin different with the bumper such as:

spats2.jpg

Ok people, I got 3 grilles, a Sport one with a slight customisation, I Limited Edition one that needs a re-spray, and an original one with a slight customisation, which looks the best on the car??

Just rely on your own good taste. Personally I think totally debadged, blank grilles look wrong - as if the "L" is missing rather than deliberately removed. Nothing wrong in discretely showing the make. The same with the back where too much empty space is left with total debadging.

haven't got an LE one anymore tho :( thought about black sport grille if I black out the middle of the bumper??

Oh, that's a shame. Yeah black sport grille should work - even possibly a granite sky one as that might look like carbon :)

Also would have less of a contrast than black so would look less obvious.

Woops meant to write $150 dollars lol. Yea few local breakers and eBay had a few so called JDM lexus grills (LE grills)between £80 - £120.. No chance did i want to pay over £100 for a grill ill change every now & then when im bored with it. I'll happyily pay £40 - £50 to anyone sellin one..

Really like the look with a black badge

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2637

Woops meant to write $150 dollars lol. Yea few local breakers and ebay had a few so called JDM lexus grills (LE grills)between £80 - £120.. No chance did i want to pay over £100 for a grill ill change every now & then when im bored with it. I'll happyily pay £40 - £50 to anyone sellin one..

Really like the look with a black badge

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2637

Might even be worth trying the dealers...

haven't got an LE one anymore tho :( thought about black sport grille if I black out the middle of the bumper??

Oh, that's a shame. Yeah black sport grille should work - even possibly a granite sky one as that might look like carbon :)

Also would have less of a contrast than black so would look less obvious.

well theres an aftermarket carbon type on the bay for about £40 and I thought about using that 3m dinoc carbon stuff on the centre of the bumper, also the middle part of the rear lip when I eventually get one, and also the spoiler, but I dunno if I can get that off to wrap it without breaking it lol

all just ideas at the moment tho, still haven't got a bonnet in the pipeline and I want to find my own place to live, but I keep finding things to buy for the car :blink:

• 2 weeks later...