Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has The Ls600 Been Facelifted?

There I was, fantasising about my next LS, when I inadvertently clicked Price High to Low on the Lexus website. The most expensive LS came up, for sale in Milton Keynes. What have they done to the LS?!? Does the design team need to go to Specsavers?

There I was, fantasising about my next LS, when I inadvertently clicked Price High to Low on the Lexus website. The most expensive LS came up, for sale in Milton Keynes. What have they done to the LS?!? Does the design team need to go to Specsavers?

Yeah it's hideous isn't it! They've done something similar to the grille on the GS450h as well.......... :shutit:

I recently attended a Lexus Open Road event in Leeds and I test drove both the LS600h and GS450h- both cars were on a 10 plate.

LS600h:

SNV30887.jpg

GS450h:

SNV30856.jpg

They look like all other cars - boring. Next time you pass a Peugeot/renault/vauxhall ete just look at rows and rows of identical coloured cans. Unfortunately these 2 new Lexus models could fit in.

Im sorry Steve but i cannot agree. I think the silver one is well sexy. Not keen on the blue one though. I assume its the GS.

Besides. Surely a Lexus is about the quality of the product and the driving experience. Not just the looks.

They look like all other cars - boring. Next time you pass a Peugeot/renault/vauxhall ete just look at rows and rows of identical coloured cans. Unfortunately these 2 new Lexus models could fit in.

Im sorry Steve but i cannot agree. I think the silver one is well sexy. Not keen on the blue one though. I assume its the GS.

Besides. Surely a Lexus is about the quality of the product and the driving experience. Not just the looks.

I agree about the quality of the product; if they are half as good as my MKIII in terms of quality then they will be good.

That's not entirely fair, obviously looks are a personal thing but the current range of Lexus cars is the sharpest they've ever looked, and not just Mercedes clones as the early cars were - and sales figures will probably back that opinion up.

I don't think the LS is particularly exciting, but it's still a good looking car. Just please put the old grille back on!

That's not entirely fair, obviously looks are a personal thing but the current range of Lexus cars is the sharpest they've ever looked, and not just Mercedes clones as the early cars were - and sales figures will probably back that opinion up.

I don't think the LS is particularly exciting, but it's still a good looking car. Just please put the old grille back on!

Yes I agree re the grill and the badge is too large, its a bit like the author of a books name appearing in bigger print on the cover than the actual title of the book.

Yes I agree re the grill and the badge is too large, its a bit like the author of a books name appearing in bigger print on the cover than the actual title of the book.

The front of the LS was fine, no idea why they decided to ruin it. It's like someone looked at the polo bluemotion and thought, wow that's really cool :blink:

07-11-11-lexus-ls-600h-vs-audi-A8.jpg

The front of the LS was fine, no idea why they decided to ruin it. It's like someone looked at the polo bluemotion and thought, wow that's really cool :blink:

07-11-11-lexus-ls-600h-vs-audi-A8.jpg

Got to admit it, I do agree. If it aint broke, dont fix it :winky:

wow, they both look so boring :blink: ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz

No big luxury car looks that interesting though, except for the quattroporte and other similar vehicles started off by the CLS (panamera, rapide, etc) they're all just big slabs of metal that you can't do much with. I suppose the S class is the only one that made a bit of an effort.........

wow, they both look so boring :blink: ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz

No big luxury car looks that interesting though, except for the quattroporte and other similar vehicles started off by the CLS (panamera, rapide, etc) they're all just big slabs of metal that you can't do much with. I suppose the S class is the only one that made a bit of an effort.........

Well, bring back the Citroen DS?

I loved the DS handbook that said (if you used the lesser of 2 choices of tyre)

"Do not cruise (Note CRUISE) at speeds exceeding 100mph"

:winky:

I do not agree that the LS400 aped the Merc.

It looked revolutionary when it came out, it was sleek and beautiful and still is, probably, the most beautiful car body shape of its era and beyond. Some say it is bland but I believe the shape reflects the aerodynamic which was also miles ahead of most of the competition.

Remember the big Merc S600 of the time was butt ugly and you hardly ever see them anymore.

I do not agree that the LS400 aped the Merc.

Errrrr......

w126.jpg

ls_400_mk3.jpg

958nn.jpg

ls430_p2.jpg

No similarities there whatsoever.......they almost look like the same car! :hehe:

Well, I suppose the headlight shapes distinguish the Lexus as a far sleeker model ............... and I will always prefer the more distinguished overall body and bonnet shape of the earlier Lexus LS400 ......... that's why I spent an age tracking down the one I have now !

Just personal preference .......... and I would rather the minimalist maintenance bills on the Lexus to some of the horror stories I hear with the big Mercs.

Malc

Well, I suppose the headlight shapes distinguish the Lexus as a far sleeker model ............... and I will always prefer the more distinguished overall body and bonnet shape of the earlier Lexus LS400 ......... that's why I spent an age tracking down the one I have now !

Just personal preference .......... and I would rather the minimalist maintenance bills on the Lexus to some of the horror stories I hear with the big Mercs.

Malc

Not arguing with any of that, we also have to remember the respective LSs came several years after the Mercs so plenty of time to refine the design. But no one can argue with the resemblance, they even copied the design of the alloys!

Malc

Not arguing with any of that, we also have to remember the respective LSs came several years after the Mercs so plenty of time to refine the design. But no one can argue with the resemblance, they even copied the design of the alloys!

Couldn't agree more. I also think they styled the rear on the 7 Series.