Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Is Jerking In 2Nd Gear :s

Hi

this is the situation..the cars temperture is at optimum temperature. so i have just shifted into 2nd gear i put my foot all the way down and the car jerks violently as if you are double clutching..this only happens somethimes..i took it to lexus and showed it to their mechanic and it didnt jerk at all just random.. and this only happens in second gear at about 2000-4000revs.

I have chekd the engin oil that is fine the car has just been serviced aswell and also this only started hapning after the service..

Could anyone advise me on what to check or what to do..

Assume the Lexus Approved dealer put the analyser on? Did it show any fault codes? Could be a turbo problem but would expect it across all gears??? Take it back again mate..

Col

yeh they put it on the machine.. no faults came up..i dont think its the turbo because the pull in all the other gears are smooth.. just really odd.. cars been looked after full lexus service history..it is out of warranty aswell as its 56reg.. so i dont know what they can do about it..

yeh they put it on the machine.. no faults came up..i dont think its the turbo because the pull in all the other gears are smooth.. just really odd.. cars been looked after full lexus service history..it is out of warranty aswell as its 56reg.. so i dont know what they can do about it..

Hi there, mate i don't know if this is any help but i had the same problem with my 2.0tdi audi it kept juddering in first and second randomly, it was a clutch plate that had gone in the car a common problem in those cars i don't know if the same with the Lexus IS. It was a similar senario they took it in and couldn't find a fault with it and even had one of the engineers take it home and see if noticed it on longer drives, only when i looked on forums found out about the clutch plate and asked them to have a look at it they managed to remedy the problem.

v7jas

Thanks for ur advice.. i shall ring up lexus and get this checked out.. thanks again.

Mate I may hve a fix for you! I have been haaving the same problem. Mine to only happened in second gear and only when I put my foot down. I had the car in for service recently (30K) but forgot to mention it to them as it was not a common occurance. A week later is was getting a bit worse and was working on my tits so I gave the service desk at Twickenham a call.

What I was told that if you drive your car a lot a motoreway speeds and just cruise in sixth the whole time that a build up of carbon or the like builds up in the cat and blocks some valve that opens when full throttle is engaged. In fairness that is my driving style most of the time. I usally drive under 2000 rev once on a open road or even around town.

What I was advised to do was to work the engine over a 30-40 mile stretch. I was 60 miles from home when I placed the call to Lexus and would use the M25 to get home. I heeded his advice and drove home at 75-80 in forth which resulted in a rev range of 3-4k all the way home. What this does is heat the cat up to a temp that breaks down the deposits and the are sent out the back.

Since that day my problem has completly disappered and I now can rev away with no trouble at all. I hope this works for you... good luck..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links