Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I updated my Iphone last night to the latest OS (4.0) only to find this morning that when I plugged it in to the car (IS 220d SE-I + Nav ) it won't read the music!

Does anyone know when Lexus will be supporting the new OS?

thanks

David

Hi,

Sorry can't answer your question, but am interested to know are you talking about via the Lexus Ipod integration kit? I was going to update my Iphone tonight but I may wait now.

cheers

Jon

Hi,

Sorry can't answer your question, but am interested to know are you talking about via the Lexus Ipod integration kit? I was going to update my iphone tonight but I may wait now.

cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

This is when I connect using the usb port in the central storage box. Prior to the OS upgrade I could select my music / podcasts from the 7" touch screen by selecting audio / usb.

regards,

David

Hi,

Sorry can't answer your question, but am interested to know are you talking about via the Lexus Ipod integration kit? I was going to update my iphone tonight but I may wait now.

cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

This is when I connect using the usb port in the central storage box. Prior to the OS upgrade I could select my music / podcasts from the 7" touch screen by selecting audio / usb.

regards,

David

Cheers David,

Ah ok I don't have the UBS port in my 2006 - I have the Full Ipod Integration kit (e.g. a IPOD connector lead in the glove box)

I don't know how the USB port works - but with my kit it acts as a CD Disk changer and displays each playlist as a CD e.g. 20 playlists I have 20 CD's in my changer

Does the USB connection work the same?

I think I'll wait for a mate to update their phone and test it out first.

Being a saddo I joined the queue yesterday mornng and was lucky enough to get me hands on the i phone 4. Connected it via the storage unit as with the previous i phone and it worked perfectly. It might be a daft question but are you sure when you updated the software you re synced and have your music on the phone?

Being a saddo I joined the queue yesterday mornng and was lucky enough to get me hands on the i phone 4. Connected it via the storage unit as with the previous i phone and it worked perfectly. It might be a daft question but are you sure when you updated the software you re synced and have your music on the phone?

Yup the music is definately on the phone. Looks like it is a problem for anyone upgrading their 3GS.

It also been reported on other forums such as this one: au.lexusownersclub.com

In answer to JonnyB, the USB input allows you select more than just playlists, you can also select by artist, album, song, podcast etc so you get access to all your music not just what's in your playlists.

regards,

David

Now this is weird.

Despite not syncing the Iphone since updating to os4.0, it is now recognised by the Lexus!

Strangely iBooks is now also working - previously it got stuck when downloading books - perhaps the issue is linked to that?

Anyway no idea really what's caused this to work now, as the only thing that I've done is install a few updates and downloaded a few extra apps.

At least it means the wife will update her Iphone now mine is working.

regards,

David

Now this is weird.

Despite not syncing the iphone since updating to os4.0, it is now recognised by the Lexus!

Strangely iBooks is now also working - previously it got stuck when downloading books - perhaps the issue is linked to that?

Anyway no idea really what's caused this to work now, as the only thing that I've done is install a few updates and downloaded a few extra apps.

At least it means the wife will update her iphone now mine is working.

regards,

David

from the Oz LOC:

You should find an answer here.

http://discussions.a...471357&tstart=0

Something about resetting via the general settings menu.

'thanks for the link, I was able to solve the problem with the SETTINGS -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

I reset the phone, waited for it to restart, then connected to USB in car.

The message on the screen (car) was something about searching or scanning ipod device, then the music started playing

I was able to do all the same operations I was able to previously

I will report back later as to the continued status of this 'fix' but all looks good so far.

The Iphone still reports that "This accessory is not optimised for Iphone blah blah blah" however it still works well enough to control via the vehicle controls.

thanks again dis-lex-sic '

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links