Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mods To Increase Fuel Economy

mrkilo

• 2 weeks later...

Pete, thanks for the tip re Snow mode, I've found that does make a difference when you are doing up to 40mph as the engine is not reving as high in normal mode. Anything over 40 mph the car has gone into the overdrive gear. But as most of my driving is local we are lucky to get over 30 mph. By using Snow mode I've found we are getting an extra 10 -15 miles for the same amount of fuel we were putting in.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

As it has been close to year now of me owning Lexus IS200 and having it on LPG, I can honestly say- it is worth it. Yes, I lost quite a bit of trunk as I need to have spare wheel in there... But it is not a major problem. During this year, I covered about 15000 miles. Not a lot, but still. To fill up my tank it costs £35- £38. Tank lasts for about 220 miles in London (and I cannot say, that I drive like a granny) to up to 260 miles when I went to Newcastle on Christmas. Power loss? Minimal, if any. On one hand, yes, it would be really nice to drive it on petrol and not to bother. On the other hand, the only difference I notice is green light inside vehicle and different place to put filling nozzle in. That's it...

• Like 1

Hey guys,

As it has been close to year now of me owning Lexus IS200 and having it on LPG, I can honestly say- it is worth it. Yes, I lost quite a bit of trunk as I need to have spare wheel in there... But it is not a major problem. During this year, I covered about 15000 miles. Not a lot, but still. To fill up my tank it costs £35- £38. Tank lasts for about 220 miles in London (and I cannot say, that I drive like a granny) to up to 260 miles when I went to Newcastle on Christmas. Power loss? Minimal, if any. On one hand, yes, it would be really nice to drive it on petrol and not to bother. On the other hand, the only difference I notice is green light inside vehicle and different place to put filling nozzle in. That's it...

How much is LPG in London? I'm currently doing 230 miles to £45 (35 Litres) and was considering converting to LPG, but if the savings are this minimal, i'm not sure it's worth the conversion cost . . . . . *(JOKE)*

LPG is still about half the price of Unleaded, so even if the MPG remains the same, the savings will be noticeable. It's good to hear from another IS200 owner who has had the conversion and to see that it is working well.

Price here in London varies between 71.9p to 75.9p. Of course, if I tried I would get better results... Just getting 230 miles for £38 without thinking about it and sometimes playing with other cars from traffic light to traffic light or just enjoying the torque while overtaking someone- I consider it as a good result.

£40, how much did you pay per litre? At 1.289p, you've got 31.03 litres of fuel. I'm getting 230 miles to 35 litres at the moment. Winter Tyres and Spacers are currently having a negative effect. 27.5 - 30.5 MPG at present.

. 28.9 - 30.6 MPG at present.

Thats not negative Stuart, that's the MPG the car was meant to return on combined driving figures infact 30.6 mpg is an improvement. :)

• Like 1

Lol, indeed, but it's a reduction for me. . . . I'm hoping that once the winter tyres go back on and when i'm able to get the suspension lowered, the MPG should go back up. I'm aiming for a regular 33MPG once the car is lowered. I do quite a lot of driving, motorway to work etc and the drag on a lowered (slightly) car is better

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links