Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressure Sensors - Gs300Sel 2006

Hi, New member here hoping to get some help in Tyre pressure sensors.

Got the warninglight on and had a valve/tyre pressure sensor replaced at Lexus, Two days later the light is on again and Lexus told me another sensor had gone. Reluctantly got another one changed, 30 mins after leaving Lexus the light comes on again! Back to Lexus and i'm told two more of the sensors have gone. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is it likely that four independant RF transmittors could all go at once? They've told me it's not the system that these transmittors beam to as that is fine????? Any help/thoughts much welcomed........

It is not unheard of for electronic components to fail very close to one another especially if they are from the same batch. However, it is statistically very unlikely that they would all fail within such a small time window unless they were being affected by some other influence.

I have heard of quite a few corrosion related and tyre fitter related problems that can result in snapped stems resulting in failure. If the old sensors look corroded and/or you have just had some tyres changed without lookig after the valves very carefully then the likelyhood of failure becomes quite high.

If the sensors all look to be in good condition then it sounds to me like some obscure system problem which is not being diagnosed correctly by Lexus. It will be interesting to see what they say if/when all four sensors have been replaced by Lexus and the fault immediately re-appears !

It is not unheard of for electronic components to fail very close to one another especially if they are from the same batch. However, it is statistically very unlikely that they would all fail within such a small time window unless they were being affected by some other influence.

I have heard of quite a few corrosion related and tyre fitter related problems that can result in snapped stems resulting in failure. If the old sensors look corroded and/or you have just had some tyres changed without lookig after the valves very carefully then the likelyhood of failure becomes quite high.

If the sensors all look to be in good condition then it sounds to me like some obscure system problem which is not being diagnosed correctly by Lexus. It will be interesting to see what they say if/when all four sensors have been replaced by Lexus and the fault immediately re-appears !

Thanks very much for your feedback, I'm reluctant to get the other two fixed in-case i stll have the same problem.

The valves are in good condition. A couple of other sources have said the same as yourself in that 'statistically this is very unlikely' I'm going to take it to a different Lexus branch for another opinion. I'll post the outcome.

THanks again for your feedback

• 1 month later...

Hi, New member here hoping to get some help in Tyre pressure sensors.

Got the warninglight on and had a valve/tyre pressure sensor replaced at Lexus, Two days later the light is on again and Lexus told me another sensor had gone. Reluctantly got another one changed, 30 mins after leaving Lexus the light comes on again! Back to Lexus and i'm told two more of the sensors have gone. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is it likely that four independant RF transmittors could all go at once? They've told me it's not the system that these transmittors beam to as that is fine????? Any help/thoughts much welcomed........

Have you reset the pressures? Certainly in winter as the temperature drops I get a light about tyres. I then check the pressure and hit the reset button.

TudorDoc