Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need a suggestion or two as to what my drama maybe before i take my car back to the dealer to get checked out.

When i change down the gears and let the clutch out, there is a whiring sound from the engine somewhere (not that loud, but it's there). Some gears are louder than others, but in general, you have to have the stereo off etc to hear it. It must be clutch related, but the clutch and gears feel ok, i'm just hearing a noise that i didn't expect to. I'm no mechanic and don't really understand cars that well, but wanted some ideas so i know the dealer doesnt fob me off saying it works fine and the noise is nothing. The dealer has always been great by the way, i just wanted you guys to give me your thoughts, so i ask all the right questions when i take it back to be checked out.

Thanks guys.

smile.gif

I need a suggestion or two as to what my drama maybe before i take my car back to the dealer to get checked out.

When i change down the gears and let the clutch out, there is a whiring sound from the engine somewhere (not that loud, but it's there). Some gears are louder than others, but in general, you have to have the stereo off etc to hear it. It must be clutch related, but the clutch and gears feel ok, i'm just hearing a noise that i didn't expect to. I'm no mechanic and don't really understand cars that well, but wanted some ideas so i know the dealer doesnt fob me off saying it works fine and the noise is nothing. The dealer has always been great by the way, i just wanted you guys to give me your thoughts, so i ask all the right questions when i take it back to be checked out.

Thanks guys.

What a coincidence mate. I had the same thing and it turned out to be the Flywheel. I took my 220D back to the local Lexus dealer for investigation. 1st time they replaced the clutch release bearing, but that didn't cure it completely, so they took it back and replaced the flywheel which has completely cured it. All done under warranty with no quibble and excellent service. Hope this helps.

Col.. smile.gif

smile.gif

Thanks guys.

What a coincidence mate. I had the same thing and it turned out to be the Flywheel. I took my 220D back to the local Lexus dealer for investigation. 1st time they replaced the clutch release bearing, but that didn't cure it completely, so they took it back and replaced the flywheel which has completely cured it. All done under warranty with no quibble and excellent service. Hope this helps.

Col.. smile.gif

Thanks Col.

for how much you can get the flywheel in UK?

here it is about 3000€ / original part.

Non original goes about 1500-2000. unsure.gif

no clue? mine was done under warranty.

colmsn-wink.gif

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links