Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hello this is my first post so i thought i would star by puttin some pics of my IS to get my post count up ha ha. the specs are as usual SE-L , Mark levinsion, Adaptive cruise control (slows down and speeds up itself very useful on the motorway :) ), multimedia, Leather ect ect...

what do you think? too much? does it spoil the style of the car?? or maybe you like it??? let me know any feedback would be nice . thanks.

1st pic is what it looked like before alloys and spoiler.

post-32495-127765231566.jpg

2nd pic is before i got the spoiler on it,

post-32495-127765227856.jpg

3rd & 4th pic is with the spoiler on

post-32495-12776522958.jpg

post-32495-127765233402.jpg

Very nice car, and I really like the alloys. By the way what is the grade of tint in your front windows?

Ahmed

the from grade .. am not too sure about the percentage but i asked the tint man to do it one grade darker than what is legal if that makes sense. i think its 35% tbh. i got the sme shade all around the car. its just that the light coming in from the front windscreen makes the rear appear darker than the front when in fact they are all the same, and i havent been pulled by the police yet ... which is always good ha. thanks for your comments really appreciate it.

Looks good mate, you need a set of springs or coilovers to improve handling and appearance.

whats are coilovers???? and which ones would you reccommend? thanks ... av never heard of coilovers to be honest. ha

Looks great man.. Like the alloys.. i was lookin to invest in that spoiler but wasnt to sure what it would look like..

you should get the spoiler , i was going to get the one from lexus but they wanted far too much for it. and they wanted me to buy a new center brake light which further increased the cost!!! this one was cheap and easy to install i did it myself with the help of my brother. all i need to do now is debadge it and tell people its an IS350????? what do you think? ha

Looks good mate, you need a set of springs or coilovers to improve handling and appearance.

whats are coilovers???? and which ones would you reccommend? thanks ... av never heard of coilovers to be honest. ha

Looks good. Not my personal choice for alloys but they individualise the car and don't look silly. Coilovers will lower the suspension to look cool and give slightly better handling at the expense of ride comfort plus give you the opportunity to scrape the car over sleeping policemen, catch the front lip on kerbs in front of you in car parks, prevent you being able to open kerbside doors on heavily cambered streets etc. De-badging - slightly chav and people will think it is a 220D because most IS de-badges are - also people don't know there is an IS350. As for the tints, maybe a touch drug-dealer, but they do look nice on that colour car.

Why do this to a perfectly well designed car. It makes it look cheap and nasty. I expect that both the handling and ride are compromised by the wheels / tyres. The spoiler lives up to it's name.

TBH I don't like your choice of alloys, but it's whether you like them that's important. Coilovers are expensive compared to lowering springs and on the 250 they don't really have real benefit unless you're going to be adjusting the height on a regular basis. The European Eibach Pro Springset for the 250 will drop the car 30mm all round which isn't too extreme, and you will not encounter any of the problems referred to by fjcfarrar.

I don't know why people associate tints with drug dealers (perhaps it's just fjcfarrar as he made similar comment on my 250 :yawn:). I've certainly found tints a benefit in this hot weather in keeping the interior cooler, and it also stops the interior trim fading from UVL exposure. I'm still driving both my tinted 250 SE-L and untinted IS-F, and from the experience in recent weather I'll be tinting the 'F'.

What's with the references to a IS350 badge? I thought from the pics it has the standard IS250 badge? :unsure:

the wheels are not 19" there 18" , not sure on the tyre size tbh i will have to check them and post it.

coilovers seem like something am not gonna go for because the 18" have not affected the ride comfort that much and the coilovers seem like they will i prefer comfort over apperance.

tints are not just for drug dealers lol , there good for when you pull up next to someone at the lights and you know there looking at you, i get all nervous and shh when it happens so thats why i got them lol. i suppose i wont be debadging it and puttin a 350 badge on it, but i noticed that all the IS 220D have only one exaust whereas the 250/350 has 2 exausts!!! :)

TBH I don't like your choice of alloys, but it's whether you like them that's important. Coilovers are expensive compared to lowering springs and on the 250 they don't really have real benefit unless you're going to be adjusting the height on a regular basis. The European Eibach Pro Springset for the 250 will drop the car 30mm all round which isn't too extreme, and you will not encounter any of the problems referred to by fjcfarrar.

I don't know why people associate tints with drug dealers (perhaps it's just fjcfarrar as he made similar comment on my 250 :yawn:). I've certainly found tints a benefit in this hot weather in keeping the interior cooler, and it also stops the interior trim fading from UVL exposure. I'm still driving both my tinted 250 SE-L and untinted IS-F, and from the experience in recent weather I'll be tinting the 'F'.

What's with the references to a IS350 badge? I thought from the pics it has the standard IS250 badge? :unsure:

you have the IS-F???? whats that like? must be amazing to drive shhhiiii i wish i could drive one of them , whats it like jumping from the 250 to the F , performance wise , what does the engine sound like???

am a wierdo who enjoys the sound of engines ha. my V6 sounds amazing but am imagining the F to be incredible!

I like the wheels,im not a fan of the spoiler but i dont like spoliers anyway. Does need lowering with springs dont worry about coilovers and the tint looks good aswell. Dont debadge it...its not a cheap corsa or saxo etc

you have the IS-F???? whats that like? must be amazing to drive shhhiiii i wish i could drive one of them , whats it like jumping from the 250 to the F , performance wise , what does the engine sound like???

am a wierdo who enjoys the sound of engines ha. my V6 sounds amazing but am imagining the F to be incredible!

It's going to get me into a lot of trouble if I'm not very careful. The 250 is can be quick enough, but on acceleration there's just no comparison, and when the second intake opens up the sound can be addictive. I use the 250 for fairly short journeys as it's a lot more economical than the 'F', and to be honest I prefer its looks as modified over the 'F' so still enjoy driving it. For any longer journeys and/or where a motorway may be involved the 250 stays in the garage :lol:.

I think I will be tinting my car, but not sure about the fronts. I was told before that they are lightly tinted from factory, so any tint (even the lightest one) will make it illegal.

What do you think guys about the front windows? :blink:

Thanks

I think I will be tinting my car, but not sure about the fronts. I was told before that they are lightly tinted from factory, so any tint (even the lightest one) will make it illegal.

What do you think guys about the front windows? :blink:

Thanks

get it slightly tintnted at the front because otherwise the rear windows will be black and the front will look green! just get it done verylightly

It's going to get me into a lot of trouble if I'm not very careful. The 250 is can be quick enough, but on acceleration there's just no comparison, and when the second intake opens up the sound can be addictive. I use the 250 for fairly short journeys as it's a lot more economical than the 'F', and to be honest I prefer its looks as modified over the 'F' so still enjoy driving it. For any longer journeys and/or where a motorway may be involved the 250 stays in the garage :lol:.

AMAZING brother AMAZING!!! thats one of the cars that i would love to drive. am made up for you

Here's my IS250 SE-L

pic0139i.jpg pic0138x.jpg