Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilovers

ghumra

hi, im looking to get a set of coilovers sometime next week, but i have no clue which ones to get..

can anyone reccomend any and the best place to buy..... it would be greatly appreciated...

thanks.

iv just taken delivery of my coilovers, their the tein super street ones.... now to my next question, the car is booked in for friday to have them fitted.. i really need help on this, the dude asked me what ride height i want, and i said i want a 40mm drop, but he replied, yea but what ride height because i may have different tyres etc etc so it will be different on other lexus..

the car is a 2001 is200 sport, what ride height do you guys reccomend which wont cause me problem.... ideally i wanted between a 30-40mm drop, but i dnt understand that in ride height terms...

thanks

rideheight must be the mm you drop the car,,cant think of anything else...but yeah he got a point, say if you drop it 40mm on standard wheels and they change then to 18" the car might sit higher than before.

40mm is nothing,,think mine is dropped like 70mm or something B) The IS200 is Suv-ish in standard form

i would say a 50mm drop is Ok for most roads.

yea i know what your trying to say ejan, but i rang him and asked excactly what he meant, he told me to measure the distance from the centre of the wheel to the top centre of the arch, and decide what measurment i want

so i did and it was about 360mm, considering it is a sport it is 15mm lower than other models, so i think im going to go with a height of 330mm which should mean there is a drop of 45mm from standard if that make sense..

can anyome comment if 330mm is ok, or too high or too low.. the tyres are 215/45/17 on standard lex alloys

well the coilys should be quite stiff compared to lowering springs so you can go lower i normally drop till is about 10 mm arch to tyre gap but then it all depends on if it rubs on the inner arch an that set it at -45mm drive it then drop more say 10 mm at a time till you get the stance you want then go have the geometry set up so all your camber ect is correct as lowering its going to adjust all the geometry quite alot get it done by a proper company though some one whos well recommended

you're on a road to nowhere if you fit brand new out of the box coilovers to a car and expect it to stay where it is, or expect them to be the same in two weeks as they were when you fitted them. the suspension has been sat in a box with only the standard topmount torque setting's preload on it, now put it underneath 1300kg of car and drive over a few bumps, suddenly it has something to do.

when i fitted the coilovers to my last car i put them on at the height they came out of the box, then adjusted them a week later. this couldn't be easier to do with the teins because you adjust them simply by lowering the lower spring seat, rather than winding the hub mount round up the shock body.

Ejan i was considerng BC racing when looking at the options but couldn't be bothered with rubber front top mounts, they're a money saving compromise.

Stevie yeah they might be a compromise but they do the work pefect on a IS200..i just wanted to go low and slow hehe and you cant beat the price of the BC´s for that purpose

Stevie yeah they might be a compromise but they do the work pefect on a IS200..i just wanted to go low and slow hehe and you cant beat the price of the BC´s for that purpose

fair enough, can't fault your logic! i'd go with this theory but having bought an altezza i think it kind of deserves the quick option lol, plus my last car had stupidly amazing suspension spec so if i'm gonna do it i may as well do it right lol

well i got the coilovers fitted today, and i am well pleased with the result, here are some photos, what you guys think?? i need to get it down to wim to get the tracking done, but i need alot of bushes changing first...

dsc00205pz.jpg

dsc00206ql.jpg

dsc00207y.jpg

dsc00208r.jpg

dsc00209ph.jpg

looks great mate...nice drop and height

think ive seen ur lex around leicester

how mucho did you get coilovers for if u dont mind me asking?

looks great mate...nice drop and height

think ive seen ur lex around leicester

how mucho did you get coilovers for if u dont mind me asking?

£652 + £10 next day delivery..., ive got it set on soft and personally i think its more comfortable than the oem damping.. so far only one scrape, but im sure if your from leicester you'l know how bad the speed bump can get, specially potholes on some roads..lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links