Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radiator Fan Never Been On

hey guys i have recently noticed that iv never actually had my radiator fans come one in my altezza rs200

the engine temp never overheats tho even after a good run and the oil temp is always low aswell ( seperate oil cooler on the car )

the air con radiator is burst i know as i can physically see it the original radiator looks fine

the left hand side of the car there is a plug wich i thought had a stopper in it but after looking again it is actually snapped...

any ideas? will try get a pic up but still unsure how to post pics on this forum

What is your actual question as there are several things in your post.

Are you saying your fans don;t work you rad is broken??????

Best way to check fans are wokring is go out in car get up to temp then when you get home leave the car running and wait for the temp to rise and the fans to kick in if they don't switch car off before it gets to hot and find out why they don't come on.

oh sorry

im basically asking for some info on the fans as they have never came on wich i dont think is right though the heating works fine and the car temp doesnt overheat,

iv put the car through hard runs and left siitting still for ages and nothing it never overheats,,

only thing i can think of is maybe the heat is getting out easier as its a fibreglass vented hood and the car has a seperate oil cooler thus keeping the engine at a normal temp?

if the fan is not coming on i presume the car would overheat especially with the hot weather we are having.

so the needle would go up higher than halfway with no fan.

would the thermostat be stuck???

Sounds like your car has had a few mods in the land of the rising sun. Could have a low temp thermostat in it? Check the temp sensor is plugged in. You'll find it in the top of the thermostat housing. Could be something as simple as an air bubble trapped behind the thermostat but that would generally cause it to overheat & if the thermostat had failed they generally fail open so the car would be running cold all the time. Is the car still running the factory ECU?

the car is usually cold for the first 20mins of drivin and then picks up to normal temp

as far as i know everything is stock in the engine

last night i drove abotu 30 miles at a local circuit and stopped and left the car running and IT OVERHEATED the slightest wee bit on the dials so atleast i know the dials work but again no fans... i didnt leave it on very long tho, whats the safest temp i can let it go before i should expect the fans on?

The gauge should only get to half way before the fans come on. Did you check the wiring & plug to the fan switch/temp sensor yet? That would be the first place I'd look if they're not coming on. You could also see if the fan motors are still working by running 12v directly to them.

http://bitcrusher.org/3S-GE_Wiring_Diagram.pdf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links