Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Catalytic Converter

John Lee

by removing the precat, will it make your exhaust louder? and will it affect the emission?

Removing the precats makes no difference to the exhaust noise and all as precats do is control the emissions until the main cat is up to tempreture.

This does not effect the MOT as the test is done when the car is at normal running tempreture anyway

You can also remove all three cats, but probably won't pass the tests ?

I have no problems on this matters where I live.

By doing so you will need an o2 simulator or equivalent; it is sold in the USA by Toyomoto:

www.toyomoto.com

i wonder what would happen to our car if one does not get a O2 simulator when all three cats are removed.

Will the check engine light comes out ? damage to engine in the long run ?

that won`t fool the gas analyser at a uk mot station and don`t forget if you have to take part in a mot roadside check and fail it is no defence to have a current mot certificate, cave, gds :) :) :o :o

talkin *****, the precats are not required for an MOT.

the pre cats only alter exhaust gas on initial warm up untill the main cat reaches full working temp,

when is a MOT done on a cold engine in the UK or anywhere in Europe.

NEVER

they have to be carried out on an engine at working temp

Dark IS, where di you get the pre-cats taken out from?

TDi removed the cats when they did the supercharger and exhaust manifolds

hi,

did TDi take out the main cat too ?

nope, still got the main cat in, i have an HKS high flow cat waiting for fitting to replace the standard one

what is required for a valid mot cert for a modern car is for the gas analyser to issue a pass of the exhaust gases at the date of the test. it is then the responsibility of the operator to see that it does not fail the pollution levels. :) :) gds

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links