Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Ride: 2011 Lexus Ct 200H

Koko

i'm not struck on the exterior, maybe it would look better once i've seen more colours, but to look at the front looks like the new Kia Cee'd but sportier, and the back half like the seat leon, but the interior I like a lot,

i'm not struck on the exterior, maybe it would look better once i've seen more colours, but to look at the front looks like the new Kia Cee'd but sportier, and the back half like the seat leon, but the interior I like a lot,

I think the whole range is going that way a bit, Hyundai's and Kia's are starting to look a lot like Lexus at the moment - I had a Kia SUV as a rental in the US a month ago and from the front it looked a lot like the RX450h........

Love the interior of this though :)

Speaking to Dealer about this..

Although Lexus has no offical price for this the sales guy reckons it will start at 22K base and 28K for the top spec... which will have adaptive cruse control.

I can see reviews for this failing at the price... I suppose it will be jam packed with gadgets as standard.

Speaking to Dealer about this..

Although Lexus has no offical price for this the sales guy reckons it will start at 22K base and 28K for the top spec... which will have adaptive cruse control.

I can see reviews for this failing at the price... I suppose it will be jam packed with gadgets as standard.

Not really a surprise, they had to price it just out of reach of the Prius and Auris hybrid - especially the Auris as in many ways they are the same car. I'd expect the fully loaded one to be equipped like a top spec IS250 so I'm sure it won't be short on kit.

TBH I think this car from a visual exterior point of view is a massive step back for lexus and IMO looks like a toyota with a lexus badge on it. That may sound daft being that lexus and toyota do have a close working relationship. But as an IS owner I have never seen my car in that light.

Just been into the showroom and had a long think about what to replace my IS-250 with. Just pre-ordered two CTs as I think they look great and will be jammed with at least what I would expect from the SEL. Price for the top expected to be £27k is may be high but with the amount of miles we do I will be saving £4k a year on petrol/tax/insurance.

My wife has an RX400h and this is just too big for what we need going forward. We want to stay with Lexus and have no problem paying a premium for the car as you get what you pay for.

Looking at going to Paris Motorshow in October where the prices/specs will be announced. Production starts in December and delivery is for 4th March.

The dealer has 28 allocated to him and has sold half of them in the 2 weeks since they were allowed to take pre-orders.

The front looks IS ish but with more of an IS-F spoiler.

I REALLY wanted this to be the car to bring me back into the Lexus fold, but i just can't warm to the styling.

Loved the concept car, but the production version is just too bland and far away from the concept for me to like it.

Replace my car in November and i really am in limbo as to what to do....grrrr.