Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

From A Blue Is200 To A.....

...Black IS300 :D

First one I looked at was spot on. Paint work was almost perfect, interior was spotless, drove superb, just had cambelt done. Lovely jubly :P

Spent 3hrs last night washing and claying it and a further 6 hours today polishing it with an orbital, correcting the swirls and waxing it using Dodo Juice. I think it was worth the effort tho...

img_5095.jpg

img_5091.jpg

img_5082.jpg

img_5085.jpg

img_5093.jpg

looks very very nice, I need to clay and polish mine and all the other stuff so Sunday may be my day to do it if the weathers good, u got any mods planned?

looks very very nice, I need to clay and polish mine and all the other stuff so Sunday may be my day to do it if the weathers good, u got any mods planned?

Cheers dude. I'm ordering in an SRT Intake w/ ECU mod over from the states to start with. Then I'll be looking to drop her 40mm or so. Maybe tint out the rear windows a bit more and get a new 'zorst. I was also thinking about getting new wheels, but tbh the only others I like are the Lex 18's.

I also pulled a load of stereo gear out of my IS200 before I sold it...but not sure if I want to reinstall it in the 300 or not.

Can't beat a black IS300 !

I got the Dolphin parking sensors in black (iirc) and they match the paint perfectly.

If I was going to do it again, I'd get the front and rear pack B)

I wish I had a darn hosepipe here at our flat ! I miss detailing !

I'm after some parking sensors as it goes. Are they hard to fit?

Alternatively I was thinking about getting a Snooper Laser Star so that it works as a parking sensor and police speed gun jammer all in one :P

Cheers dude. I'm ordering in an SRT Intake w/ ECU mod over from the states to start with. Then I'll be looking to drop her 40mm or so. Maybe tint out the rear windows a bit more and get a new 'zorst. I was also thinking about getting new wheels, but tbh the only others I like are the Lex 18's.

I also pulled a load of stereo gear out of my IS200 before I sold it...but not sure if I want to reinstall it in the 300 or not.

Looks really great. Seems a shame to drop it by 40mm - that much just makes the IS200/300 look ridiculous, as if the suspension has collapsed plus gives no real benefit in handling unless you know a good deal about spring rates and the effect on unsprung weight ratios of effectively shortened or stiffened springs, plus makes it susceptible to lots of damage from scraping on things. Also, unless the SRT Intake/ECU can guarantee at least 30 - 50 bhp more without making the power curve peaky; you will not notice any significant improvement in driving acceleration, so that could be a lot of work and money for very little result.

Cheers for all the nice comments guys. Further to my previous 9hr detail I have spent another 11hrs today doing the whole car again :whistling:

I bought myself a 3M daylight gun of eBay so that I could see each and every swirl and scratch. Its now immaculate :duh: