Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whoa! Insurance Is High!

highway

So, thanks for the help here re the tyre pressure pressure sensors-that's sorted. The car has sat on a trickle charger in the garage while a few other things were sorted. I phoned for some insurance quotes having done the Money Spupermarket thing...quoting for mum and dad (in their late 60's flawless driving records, reasonable postcode) the car is around £800 per year to insure on limited mileage. I paid £400 on my 911!! Any reason these cars are so heavy to insure? Any recomendations for firms to use?

I've notice a huge price hike on insurance as well for my IS200. Last year i paid around the £400 mark, then i got the renewal for £800 !!! Shopped around and the cheapest i got was for around 550. I struggled to find anyone that wanted to touch it, both got clean licenses and we don't live in a "bad area". It's only myself and my dad that use it, ok so its got coilovers on it but the £400 rise was crazy. It's either the insurance companies trying to recoup the payouts from the floods and snow or they are just taking the ****.

So, thanks for the help here re the tyre pressure pressure sensors-that's sorted. The car has sat on a trickle charger in the garage while a few other things were sorted. I phoned for some insurance quotes having done the Money Spupermarket thing...quoting for mum and dad (in their late 60's flawless driving records, reasonable postcode) the car is around £800 per year to insure on limited mileage. I paid £400 on my 911!! Any reason these cars are so heavy to insure? Any recomendations for firms to use?

I guess age has a lot to do with it - I just got quoted £329 from the AA and £307 from Churchill. Don't do many miles (<10,000 a year) and only have me and the missus on the policy. She is 56 and I'm 62. No excessive excesses and clean licences. Good luck.

Tourer

Well, the car is group 19A (I think?), but that was a reason I didn't get an SC430, as that was what I wanted to go up to from my IS200. If I use Confused I was coming in at about £1200 but then, I'm 25 with no points or accidents. And what el_gencer said about the floods and snow, I got hammered this year on my IS200 insurance, it went up by about £100 so I switched insurer, got it cheaper than last year in the end (but then I should do, I have an extra year no claims!) but had to ditch the breakdown cover - this I wasn't too fussed about, as touch wood, the most expensive thing I had to replace on the IS was the wiper blades!

3party only will cost you about £200 if you know how to buy policy onlinemsn-wink.gif

3party only will cost you about £200 if you know how to buy policy onlinemsn-wink.gif

Are you mad???- who in their right mind is going to insure a SC430 on a 3rd party insurance policy? I still buy fully comp insurance on my 10 year old IS200- its probably worth about £1800-£2200!

• 2 weeks later...

Age is a factor, of course, so is accident record and postcode. I paid just over £600 this year for owner only driving, clean record and licence, age 70, approx 7000 miles per year. I guess my postcode is classified as oter London. I guess shopping around could get a better deal.

All motor insurance is going to take a major rise according to the papers. It's due to the cost of insurance scams: a bunch of yobs contriving to have an accident and then all claiming for whiplash against you. There have been many tens of thousands of such scams during the last year.

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Im surprised that your quotes are so high,

02 sc430, 10000miles per annum, woking, garaged, no no-claims discount, 33yr old female, myself as named driver, no accidents or claims, £440 fully comp

If it helps its with 'elephant'

Also bizarrely the insurance was £55 more expensive if no named driver, no matter whose name it was

• 1 month later...

I se Privilege and pay around £450 fully comp

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links