Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grom Ipod Adapter

hi all, i am in the middle of installing the grom ipod adapter but have run into a small problem,the two connecter blocks at the back of my radio are in use(i dont have an external cd changer)so im kind of at a dead end,have been looking through a few old posts but cant seem to find anything, any help would be very welcome

many thanks

The grom should have come with a Y connector, basically you unplug one of the cables out of the back of the stereo and use the Y to connect everything up.

The grom should have come with a Y connector, basically you unplug one of the cables out of the back of the stereo and use the Y to connect everything up.

Thanks very much Parthiban for the advice B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i am looking to install an ipod adapter myself and do not know where to start... What type to get? What is the best? Where to get it from? and ofcourse, How to install it?

Anyone got any pictures of there ipod adapters installed and information on the above questions please?

Cheers guys :)

I just installed the USB version of the Grom in my 300 and I have to say that it was much much easier than I thought.

Its just a case of undoing 2 screws (for the dash tray), 4 bolts (for the stereo) and pulling a few plugs out. I even managed to secure my grom in a space behind the stereo and run the USB/Ipod cables into the glove box so it's completely stealthy :D

I just installed the USB version of the Grom in my 300 and I have to say that it was much much easier than I thought.

Its just a case of undoing 2 screws (for the dash tray), 4 bolts (for the stereo) and pulling a few plugs out. I even managed to secure my grom in a space behind the stereo and run the USB/Ipod cables into the glove box so it's completely stealthy :D

lol sounds very nice indeed :)

bet you were well pleased when it fit in there hehe

The grom one is the best in the MK1 IS, allows you control from the headunit and access to 6 playlists on your iPod. Very simple to fit as mentioned, the dash comes apart very easily and it's all plug and play :)

The grom one is the best in the MK1 IS, allows you control from the headunit and access to 6 playlists on your iPod. Very simple to fit as mentioned, the dash comes apart very easily and it's all plug and play :)

Shall order one asap (as soon as i find somewhere that sells them) and tell you how it goes :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links