Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Relays

rayaan

Hi every one i am new to this please mind any mistakes i make. basically i have a v 99 is200 and yesterday i found the petrol gauge reading below zero and flashing, no MPG or temperature readings for engine or outside tempon my lexus is200 i have checked all the fuses and they all are fine. Some one in area told me i have blown the relay that controlles these but were can i find the relay and does any one know what colour it is.Thanks

Are you sure you checked all the fuses ?

There's some in the fuse / relay box near the Battery but also some in each kickwell ?

Ones to check may include ...

GUAGE (10A in drivers kickwell)

MPX-B (10A in Passenger kickwell)

DOME (7.5A in passenger kickwell)

As well as those places relays can also be found in a narrow relay box near passenger side headlamp.

Good luck

TG

first thanks for the reply, yes i am sure i have cheked all the fuses but shall try to check again tomorrow bo you know if there is a seperate relay for them and if so witch on is it. thanks

Pretty sure no separate relay for those items - from looking in the wiring book ...

Perhaps you wanna have a look there too ... http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/IS_98-05/index.html

Collapsible menu system down left hand side.

You want ... 'Electrical Wiring Diagram' , 'Overall electrical wiring diagram [RHD]'

The outside temperature bit is called 'Ambient Temp' and is in the Air Conditioner section.

The other items you list are in the 'Combination Meter' section.

Hope that helps ... :duh:

TG

Thanks foe you reply, i think i have solved the problem. after checking all the fuses again i got board so statred to take out the heater(blower) controles as i also have a problem with the direction and temp out puts on my heater an dwas told that i need a new unit witch i have orderd once i pulled out the power to the controlles every thing whent back to normal and when i replace the power same prob so definatally some thing wrong wirh the controlls. will keep you updated as soon as i have changed them hopfully by the weekend. Thanks