Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc & Engine Warning Light

Well mine is an ongoing saga!

Quite regularly the lights come on. I clear it all with a diagnostic and it can be happy for a week or two.

The readouts although indicating lean mixture and catalytic problems, quite often show "wrong grade of fuel" heading the list.

I have resorted to adding injector cleaner on each fill up and that does seem to prolong or extend the good periods.

It all seems to relate to slow driving around 1200 revs. So I am thinking the system is just clogging up as it was standing or little used before I bought it.

• 1 year later...

Well! My problem has been solved!!!

I looked very carefully at the exhaust and found a pin hole by the sensor on the centre section so thought just a quick blob of weld ….

Nothing like it; I had our local tyre and exhaust crowd (DCM Shaftesbury) look at and they quoted me less than £800 for a complete S/S system from front to back, new Cats and silencers etc., as there were pin holes literally at every vulnerable place.

The  upshot is ,the car has behaved impeccably ever since many thousands of miles all over UK, some very slow traffic and motorways - no warning lights! Great! I think I will keep the car now!

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just goes to show you cannot rely on the readouts from the diagnostics. The fault seems to come up at the slightest hic-cup! yet the car runs perfectly.

As a note since the exhaust was replaced I have not had any issues, other than ABS playing up but that's another storey! For the curious I have cleaned the relunctor rings? (hub ring?), not sure the correct name for it, but a diagnostic (by others) showed  faulty sensor so that is being tackled this week.

I have had these lights come on for months and then disappear for no reason.  For my case they tended to come on after heavy rain.  Probably water getting into somewhere and messing with the electrics.  Just left it and the lights disappeared for the next 15 months. Recently 2 months ago it returned.  Not sure of the cause.  However it has now disappeared after 1 month of ignoring the lights.

I would personally just ignore it and see if it disappears after months of driving.  It hasn't caused any issues in my case and providing no obvious change to the way the car behaves then just clear the lights for the MOT and live with it at other times.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links