Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Headunit - Your Advice Needed

Hi all, have been looking at various kits to gain me Bluetooth support for my mobile phones, but also to get me Ipod control/support, have found a couple of options, but am not sure which way to go.

I've seen the Parrot Mki9200 which does both and appears good and costs around £200 , I have seen your references to the Grom Audio adapter which is Ok and only costs around £75, but means whilst I retail my original head unit I lose phone support, so I still need a Bluetooth adapter, and then......... I have just found the Pioneer and Jvc range of DVD AV units.

I must admit for a few extra £££££s I do like the look of the single din Pioneer AVH5100BT £500, but more realistically, the Pioneer AVH3200Bt or jvc kw-avx830 will be in my price bracket. Both units are double din

So.... does anyone have any experience of the parrot kit or the pioneer/jvc units..I'm really erring towward the Pionner 3200Bt as it supports DVD and Phone and Ipod...what more can I ask?

i have an alpine double din stereo. http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/details/digital-media-station/ixa-w404r.html

you don,t need dvds because it will play movies and music videos [basically anything on your ipod] directly from your ipod. although Bluetooth is an extra. the stereo now costs around the £350 mark. fantastic stereo tho and great sound. looks fantastic in the car aswell, i have a few pics up on here somewhere if you search.

• 4 weeks later...

So a slight change if plan. An currently bidding on an Alpine ida-x100 on fleabay. Its a single din so I know I will need to buy a fascia, but will I also need an amp bypasscable and ISO block. If so which one? NB I have a 2003 sportcross.

So a slight change if plan. An currently bidding on an Alpine ida-x100 on fleabay. Its a single din so I know I will need to buy a fascia, but will I also need an amp bypasscable and ISO block. If so which one? NB I have a 2003 sportcross.

I'd go for a double din if you can get one as it looks a lot better on the dash.

Search for amp bypass cable on eBay and you'll find the one, it's an autoleads cable.

Ok so I'm chuffed to bits as a won the unit. Fascia plate ordered but before I order the bypass cable, is there any chance my headunit doesn't need on? His do I check? Where's the amp?

Pretty sure the sportcross has an amp, as it has a 9 speaker system I think. Amp is behind the glovebox on the left hand side.

So, courtesy of the fascia mods page and some basic assistance from my 8 year old, behold my new system.

It is (in the words of Tony the Tiger)..Grrrrrrrreaaat.

Very pleased

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/1closs1/IS200#5504605757063440770

Sorry but could get image uploader to work and excuse the glasses case in the cubby hole just underneath the stereo.

Now - any suggestions on a reasonable asking price for the original 6 disc toploader from my 2003 sportcross. Full working order.

Cheers