Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does Anyone Know How To Get To The Sub Under The Shelf?

Think i have blown my sub, does anyone know how to access it?

Do you have the electric sun blind in the parcel shelf?

I am also interested, how to get there, and I do have the electric sunblind

tha

i dont have a eletric sunblind. just normal shelf. i tired getting at it from the boot but there is just a metal plate with lots of smaller plates attached i can see the part of the sub. i went to lexus manchester they said there gna charge £50 just to have a look.

Think i have blown my sub, does anyone know how to access it?

Do you have the electric sun blind in the parcel shelf?

I am also interested, how to get there, and I do have the electric sunblind

tha

I have the sun blind, and while trying to stop the creaking in the back (which turned out to be the rear window in the top corner!) I discovered the Sub.

It was a while ago, but from what I remember....and not having the car here.

You have to go in from the top (you cannot get to it from the boot)

The parcel shelf is in two parts and splits across where the blind comes out.

You need to remove the two side bits that go up by the rear doors and down the side.

Remove the rear headrests.

The next part is a bit painfull, I didnt remove the rear seats, didnt fancy that, so you have to pull the shelf up and over the rear seat back.

Its held down with the pop in clips, and i did damage a couple. (but have put it back and it seems fine.)

The shelf the comes in two, leaving the rear part behind the blind still in the car.

You can then see the Sub, which is about 8" big mounted in a plastic tray.

This is not the best way and someone may have more advice, but it may be a start.

yeh i managed to get the back seats bottom part off but i didn fancy taking it off.. becuase of re fiting might not sit right and then more unnessary headache. all have a look n try getting at it.. just give it a pull see what happens..

thanks anyway

nope wont budge.. i can see a bolt there but i think thats holding the seatbelt..

You will have to remove the back seat first.

Remove completly the bottom and just pull in front the back rest piece without dismantling the seat belts.

Then you have to remove the carpet covers on the shelf which consists of two pieces.

It's not so hard to do it.

post-21146-127914178023.jpg

post-21146-127914178786.jpg

when i hold the centre circle down the base seems fine and wen i let go thats where it is flapping.. i think the black glue around it has come off as u can see from the picture.

any ideas what to do..

i read somewhere that you can glue it with some sort of sealent..

post-32403-127947624248.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links