Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Caliper Painting! What Colour

docis200

Hi guys,

Doin alot of work with the car now over the next few weeks (bit of a cash injection) :D ill post up pics and bit of a write up once im done. Now its not much so dont be expectin a supercharger and the full works! Just bit of tidyin and some small little personal touches.

Anyway my car is a 99 IS200 Sport in Platinum Ice and im re-furbin the wheels and calipers. Now most people go for black, red or silver on the calipers when its Platinum Ice on the car but i wanna go bit different. Was thinkin yellow with black writing which ive ordered from the club shop or a brilliant white with same black writing.

Just wanna get few opinions on it before i go mad with the spray gun!!

Wheels are waitin the same as original colour.

Other bits to do are TTE Front Bumper, 30mm lowerin springs, new Sat Nav and Headunit Install and 1 or 2 other bits which you'll have to wait to see

Thanks

Shane

i personally dont like red on any color as it looks cheap and chavy IMHO

id go for, as above, gold and get yourself some gold lexus badges to match

Thanks for the replies lads. I was thinkin gold too but ive had a GT4 Celica in red and an ST24 mondeo in black and i done both them set of calipers in gold so was gonna try sonething totally different but its hard to beat gold!!

As for the gold badges im not sure bout them. i may have another plan for them!!!

Would it be worth goin a darker colour with the wheels?

Keep the options comin anyway cuz i take it all on board.

Thanks again

There's something wrong with this post, red is 'cheap and chavy' and gold calipers and gold badges aren't? :lol: Thought it was the chavs that were into 'Bling' (I'll keep quiet about my polished aluminium ones :D).

Traditional is black or red, but you could always go Ferrari 'look at me' yellow.

There's something wrong with this post, red is 'cheap and chavy' and gold calipers and gold badges aren't? laugh.gif Thought it was the chavs that were into 'Bling' (I'll keep quiet about my polished aluminium ones biggrin.gif).

Traditional is black or red, but you could always go Ferrari 'look at me' yellow.

like i said, its my PERSONAL view. Thanks

There's something wrong with this post, red is 'cheap and chavy' and gold calipers and gold badges aren't? :lol: Thought it was the chavs that were into 'Bling' (I'll keep quiet about my polished aluminium ones :D).

I like the sound of polished aluminium ones :D can you put u a pic for me to see wat they look like and how to go about doin them.

Cheers mate

I like the sound of polished aluminium ones :D can you put u a pic for me to see wat they look like and how to go about doin them.

Cheers mate

Only if you have an IS350 or an IS250 fitted with IS350 calipers and disks :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

i painted my calipers gold , i have a kensington green is200 , wasnt too sure at first but i decided to bite the bullet and go for it and was very pleased with the results , just need to sort out my centre caps now though. red calipers are too common.

14052010016.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links