Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Colour Change For My Aero 18's?

lex28

I've been thinking lately weather or not to change colour of my IS200 wheels (aero 18's)

they need a refub in general as their have seen 117k worth of roads and my is200 being black, im thinking weather to change wheels to black/grey/white???

has any changed their Aero wheels? or have any pics of them being modified???

cheers

Not too keen on all black wheels to be honest, it makes the tyres look a weird browny grey and the whole thing looks off. I'd either go for bright silver or get the face polished, or otherwise a black chrome or similar as already mentioned.

i know what you mean, tyres need to be just as black as wheel otherwise it does look odd bod

but with black chrome, or any other chrome, im worried with them peeling etc

is polished basically near enough to chrome but easier to deal with in terms of cleaning and maintaining??

i know what you mean, tyres need to be just as black as wheel otherwise it does look odd bod

is polished basically near enough to chrome but easier to deal with in terms of cleaning and maintaining??

Black chrome is a painted finish so no different to normal alloy colours, it isn't chrome plated like proper chrome alloys.

A polished finish is a bit of a pain to look after as well, as any break in the lacquer gets you straight to bare metal which leads to easy corrosion (like with the standard IS200 alloys) whereas normally it needs to get through the powdercoat as well.

Black chrome is a painted finish so no different to normal alloy colours, it isn't chrome plated like proper chrome alloys.

A polished finish is a bit of a pain to look after as well, as any break in the lacquer gets you straight to bare metal which leads to easy corrosion (like with the standard IS200 alloys) whereas normally it needs to get through the powdercoat as well.

cheers for that

im in two minds (yet again) either black chrome or bright silver

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links