Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys, My aerial has started making a burp noise when seating fully down . It sounds like the motor is trying to pull it down after its seated and its grinding the teeth on the plastic cable. Its less than two years old and has always been regularly oiled (the aerial not the car)

Im guessing therse no adjustment and il need another replacement soon, has anyone else had a similar fault?

thanks steve.

Hi Guys, My aerial has started making a burp noise when seating fully down . It sounds like the motor is trying to pull it down after its seated and its grinding the teeth on the plastic cable. Its less than two years old and has always been regularly oiled (the aerial not the car)

Im guessing therse no adjustment and il need another replacement soon, has anyone else had a similar fault?

thanks steve.

mine does the same, for maybe 10 seconds or so with a pulsing to it. really annoying. if it is already down, i wonder if its a microswitch not activating properly..

thanks steve.

Could you all enlighten me? What do you oil it with? (the aerial, that is). Thanks.

thanks steve.

Could you all enlighten me? What do you oil it with? (the aerial, that is). Thanks.

Hi , i use 3 in 1 oil. The general stuff in the little black and white tin with the red spout. Good point is this the wrong stuff ?

Alao was thinking maybe just eject the aerial assy and re insert and see if it re seats itself.

Cheers steve

Hi, aerial fixed !!! it must have lost its seating when retracting.. I followed the lexls tutorial for removing and refitting the mast and its now working perfectly.. Lubed up with some wd40 , i think maybe too much oil caused it to slip before. Id suggest trying it luke, i did it on my own but easier with a helper and make sure you straithen the end of the nylon cable (it helps it go in better than with a curve in it). its a 10 minute job.

thanks steve

Hi, aerial fixed !!! it must have lost its seating when retracting.. I followed the lexls tutorial for removing and refitting the mast and its now working perfectly.. Lubed up with some wd40 , i think maybe too much oil caused it to slip before. Id suggest trying it luke, i did it on my own but easier with a helper and make sure you straithen the end of the nylon cable (it helps it go in better than with a curve in it). its a 10 minute job.

thanks steve

So you didnt have difficulty putting the aerial back in? I've snapped 2 new ones and now have to go to lexus to get it fitted.

I cant get the bottom of the aerial where the olive is, into its shaft...applied so much pressure trying i snappped the mast...

Lexus tell me they only supply the one type for all pre 99 models....but it was slightly different from my original...

I shut the trunk and it caught some tree branches. As I drove off they bent the aerial in half!

Does anyone know a good honest price alternative inner that actually fits?

You can fit it yourself. I think you lose the electric ability when fitting a standard mast, so you'll have to manually push down/ pull up depending where you are parked.

Just buy off lexusparts for 30 quid and there is a simple procedure to follow (see lexls.com)

I have had trouble with mine, but nobody else has.

There is no unscrewing of bolts involved at all, just keep 2 buttons (sorry, i forgot which) on radio pressed while turning the key to 'acc', remove old mast, replace with new one, fit in a few inches and turn key to 'off'...simples

lexls.com will show you how

thanks steve

So you didnt have difficulty putting the aerial back in? I've snapped 2 new ones and now have to go to lexus to get it fitted.

I cant get the bottom of the aerial where the olive is, into its shaft...applied so much pressure trying i snappped the mast...

Lexus tell me they only supply the one type for all pre 99 models....but it was slightly different from my original...

Hi no no problem refitting.Just as you say follow the guide on lexls. When i ejected it and cleaned the splines i could see the end was still angled to a point and not snapped off. also like i say just straighten the aerial as much as you need to insert fully before turning off key to make it pull back in. Q what is the olive piece ?. Just read your text again why do you need to apply preassure ? its just a case of feed cable into hole wih teeth facing aft 400mm and whenn it goes no further turn off the key and it will just need feeding in as it pulls the cable down .

No forcing or preasuure needed.

cheers steve.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links