Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats She Worth

Hi all :)

I'm in need of some help here!

It is time to sell my Lexus IS200 Sport due to the fact she hardly gets used so going to buy myself a cheap old banger to get me to work and back!

Ok.....Before I get shot down in flames I'm a Mental Health Nurse so my knowledge on cars really is not the best so please be kind to me :P

My Lexus has covered 94,897 miles. fully stamped Lexus service history, 9 months MOT and 3 months Tax. In excellent condition inside and out. 4 new tyres that have covered around 800 miles, full service carried out 1,670 miles ago. She is in the silver although looks a teeny bit like gold is in there!! She is a 2002. Very well loved and cared for. My Sister's Husband works for Aston Martin and valet's it for me using Autoglym products.

Any ideas on price would be great

Michele

I had very similar and it was written off, insurance company gave me £3600 i was happy with that, they seemed to be going for between 3 & 3.5k

Thank you for the reply :)

If I aim for the £3,500 mark then as she is in mint condition. I am wondering where to advertise.....local paper, Autotrader etc?? I have heard of horror stories about selling cars via eBay, don't know how true they are though.

Think Autotrader's a safe bet when it comes to selling cars, best way to price it is to look at similar cars for sale and see where yours would fit in.

I had very similar and it was written off, insurance company gave me £3600 i was happy with that, they seemed to be going for between 3 & 3.5k

Thank you for the reply :)

If I aim for the £3,500 mark then as she is in mint condition. I am wondering where to advertise.....local paper, Autotrader etc?? I have heard of horror stories about selling cars via eBay, don't know how true they are though.

You could put a 'Classified' advert on eBay which is the same as Autotrader where you state the price you want and don't get involved in the auction type sale?? I personally would think more people look on eBay than Autotrader??

I have looked into part ex but just get stupid offers i understand dealers need to make a profit but i dont like to feel like im being ripped off.Most say book price for 52 plate is200 is around 3500 mines only done 42,000 fsh.And i think/know its worth more.

I have looked into part ex but just get stupid offers i understand dealers need to make a profit but i dont like to feel like im being ripped off.Most say book price for 52 plate is200 is around 3500 mines only done 42,000 fsh.And i think/know its worth more.

I was offered £4800 from a Lexus dealer for mine, it's an 02 plate but it's an auto (more valuable) and also has the styling kit and satnav. I would have thought £3.5k would be a fair price for yours, are they offering less?

Its a manual is200 sport with aero kit i have been offered 3000 against a 7495 carbut he did say it looked pretty!?!?!?!

It's all about the cost to change at the end of the day though, if they won't give you the £500 on the p/ex knock it off the new car :)

Looks fine :)

Although do you really get 32-34 mpg around town? If so, you're probably the only one!

Thank you, glad my ad' is ok! Lots of searching on here for all the info :D

My neighbour who owns an Evo 7 did a test to see what my average MPG was over a month with two full fill ups. This is using a few A roads and some town driving, it worked out at 32.9MPG. The reason for this was when I bought her I found her to be really good on fuel, a lot better than the reviews I had read. She is only a tad more to run than my previous car which was a 206 1.6 :ohmy: All the reviews said how bad they were and that a BMW 320 E36 was faster and better on fuel, I have to disagree.......Also a far better car than a 3 series BMW!

Thank you, glad my ad' is ok! Lots of searching on here for all the info :D

My neighbour who owns an Evo 7 did a test to see what my average MPG was over a month with two full fill ups. This is using a few A roads and some town driving, it worked out at 32.9MPG. The reason for this was when I bought her I found her to be really good on fuel, a lot better than the reviews I had read. She is only a tad more to run than my previous car which was a 206 1.6 :ohmy: All the reviews said how bad they were and that a BMW 320 E36 was faster and better on fuel, I have to disagree.......Also a far better car than a 3 series BMW!

That's impressive, people wouldn't complain about fuel economy if everyone got those numbers :)

Is this common guys......

With my Lexus I have no bids, 2 watchers and 4 days to go on eBay? I would have thought being a Lexus IS200 Sport I would have had a bid and a good few watchers by now due to her extensive history and the condition she is in? I must say though I'm not the best with cars thus me asking!!

just p/exed mine , price dropped £200 this month in glasses on a 99 t reg from £2050 to £1850 - depends what your buying and how much you are paying but i got offered £1500 - £2600 depending on the dealer

Problem with the IS200 is the current market conditions.

With the current recession, job losses etc there isn't the demand for a 2.0 litre straight six petrol gas guzzlar such as the IS200. People are being forced into little Korean cars (these are great cars btw and I have nothing against them) so that they can keep their motoring costs to a minium.

Bearing the above in mind, this is why the IS200 (or any other big petrol engined car) will fetch a low resale value in the current economic conditions- shame really, as the IS200 is a nice car (as long as you can afford the running costs).

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest i think people on here who are getting bad fuel consumption have either a faulty car or a big heavy right foot!

I read all the reviews on the IS200 which said poor fuel etc and i think they are all written by Hugo faster!!!

I am a car dealer and have been running a 2004 54p IS200 se,i live in the country side and do about 1000 miles a week going to auctions and running the kids to football,Horse riding etc so alot of mixed driving and i am getting 32+mpg running around never worked out lower and recently i had a run to Manchester on the M62 70-80mph all the way and i worked it out at 38 mpg.

The car is no worse than any other of its type

In the last week i have put £40 worth of petrol in at £113.9 at Asda and i have done 250 miles and the light hasnt come on yet and it was on before i put it on for about 20 miles

Hi Mate,

in your opinion and everyone elses.

you say it may down to a faulty car - the poor MPG... what kind of faults are we talkiing about?

any direction on where to start looking would be fab.

i personally feel i get bad poor MPG.. i only get about 65 miles for £20 - BAD!

All help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Izzy

Hello izzzy there is something wrong there,i would take it and have it set up by a rolling road or at least a good engine tuner,refrence my other post i have just clear 152 miles out of £20 worth of Morrisons fuel and i wasnt really trying.