Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sports Grill

Just bought a Sport Grill on eBay from Lexus Birmingham. Two things if anyone's bought one from them, how long do they usually take to post them out? and is it easy to remove the badges on the Grill :blink: (i.e. are they held in place with screws??)

thanks

Cheers for the reply's. Got them to deliver it to my workplace so probably get it on Monday hopefully. Tempted to get a TRD badge to go on the front grill now........

Mine took about 3 weeks to come. I had to pester them until it came. Apparently the person in the parts department that deals with eBay sales was ill. I was told it was next week then next week came and went. Hopefully for everyone this was just a one off.

Mine took about 3 weeks to come. I had to pester them until it came. Apparently the person in the parts department that deals with ebay sales was ill. I was told it was next week then next week came and went. Hopefully for everyone this was just a one off.

I got an email the morning after I ordered it saying it was posted. I did ring them in the morning to make sure it was the correct colour, whether that speeded things up i don't know.

Just bought a Sport Grill on eBay from Lexus Birmingham. Two things if anyone's bought one from them, how long do they usually take to post them out? and is it easy to remove the badges on the Grill :blink: (i.e. are they held in place with screws??)

thanks

Not sure fitting a sports grille to a base model is the right thing to do. Strapping breasts onto a man doesn't turn him into a woman.

thanks

Not sure fitting a sports grille to a base model is the right thing to do. Strapping breasts onto a man doesn't turn him into a woman.

Base model???? just makes the car look better. :huh:

thanks

I really admire those who use their skill and talent to design/fabricate modifications to enhance the appearance of their car and make it individual. I only slightly less admire those who know their limitations and use mod kits for the same purpose - which results in something a little less individual. However, bolting on bits from models further up the chain is just too close to "forgery" even if that is not the motive. Strangely, nobody seems adds details to top-end models from base models even if they are aesthetically better.

thanks

I really admire those who use their skill and talent to design/fabricate modifications to enhance the appearance of their car and make it individual. I only slightly less admire those who know their limitations and use mod kits for the same purpose - which results in something a little less individual. However, bolting on bits from models further up the chain is just too close to "forgery" even if that is not the motive. Strangely, nobody seems adds details to top-end models from base models even if they are aesthetically better.

Okaaaay, its not as if i'm putting a huge exhaust on the back or slapping turbo or kompressor badges all over it. I just prefer the look of the car with that grille on......

p.s. it came this morning easy to fit looks the bis

thanks

I thought the sports grill was a modification for all IS - I don't think it is standard on the sport model.

I once swapped some alloy wheels on my Metro for some steel wheels from a base model - does that disprove your statement! Although it wasn't for aesthetic reasons, more due to saving £40 per replacement tyre in the process.

twas indeed an optional extra on all the IS range

I have a IS300, as far as i'm aware it has everything the 200 sport does, apart from bein Auto which the sport didn't come in, has all the extra cosmetics of the standard sport, full leather and an extra 55bhp, does that make it a higher spec model?

cos i've got a sport grille on it, which would also disprove your point

what it all boils down to is the sport grille is only a cosmetic alternative, I wouldn't class that as 'forgery' lol

and i'm gonna get a set of standard 16's from the base model for winter

I thought the sports grill was a modification for all IS No it wasn't. Lexus accessory catalog just shows side-skirt kit, rear spoilers, illuminated sill plates - I don't think it is standard on the sport model Yes it was like the tints, LSD & lowered suspension, perforated pedals etc.

Maybe the sport grille does look better - but I think the point I am making is that the grille was about the only thing that distinguished a sport at a glance & it reminds me a bit of when loads of standard Minis were tricked out as a Cooper S. As a principle, mods to make a car look better to you are fine, but sorry, fitting bits which tend to make it resemble another model doesn't seem right. However, that's just a personal view which I am sure many don't share.

I thought the sports grill was a modification for all IS No it wasn't. Lexus accessory catalog just shows side-skirt kit, rear spoilers, illuminated sill plates - I don't think it is standard on the sport model Yes it was like the tints, LSD & lowered suspension, perforated pedals etc.

Maybe the sport grille does look better - but I think the point I am making is that the grille was about the only thing that distinguished a sport at a glance & it reminds me a bit of when loads of standard Minis were tricked out as a Cooper S. As a principle, mods to make a car look better to you are fine, but sorry, fitting bits which tend to make it resemble another model doesn't seem right. However, that's just a personal view which I am sure many don't share.

All the sport models I looked at when I bought mine had the same standard grill as the base model. I had to put the sports grill on myself.

Let's see if we can get to the bottom of some of this.

I have 'accessories' brochures dated May 1999, Dec 2000, Nov 2002 and a price list dated Aug 2000.

All 3 brochures list the "Sports Mesh Grille - for a note of sporting individuality".

The first 2 say "available to match all body colours except Riviera White" and the 3rd says "limited colours available".

That would imply that it's only available in the earlier colours which seems to be the case ....

The price list I have lists Astral Black, Aztec Fire, Chamonix White, Granite Sky, Kensington Green, Platinum Ice and Royal Sapphire.

And now a scary bit ... Price back then (and what I paid for my first one) was £219.95 inc vat excl fitting.

Part numbers for those colours are also on this site here http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=2073

There was at least 1 grille group buy here several years ago and I think from then it's just been a case of clearing old stock.

And yes it was still an add on 'accessory' to the IS200 sport although some dealers may have put it on when they sold the cars.

Hope that helps a bit :duh:

TG