Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Refurbing Those Irritating Things...

Hi all, regarding my IS200 Sport - I was just wondering if anyone can help in finding something that will refurb the 'L' on my steering wheel and my key fob (i.e. a safe paint or a transfer).

Also i have an extremely tiny rust mark i noticed whilst doing my waxing and what can i do to remove this (all ideas welcome on this)?

3rd, some of the silver plastics where the window buttons are, are very slightly chipped and i would like to get that seen to. Again a paint maybe (if so is there a specific silver colour for this etc)?

Thanks guys.

I too would be interested to know the best treatment for a small rust spot, around 2-3mm diameter. Colour is Platinum Ice.

where on the body is the rust coming through??

dont lexus have a 12 year warrenty against rust ?

the warranty only covers the rust coming from inside out, if its surface rust its not covered. I had a little blip on the underside of the rear passenger door, sorted it out myself, best to get rust early.

I too would be interested to know the best treatment for a small rust spot, around 2-3mm diameter. Colour is Platinum Ice.

where on the body is the rust coming through??

Here are pics of the 2 rust spots i have found.

First is on passenger side above front window;

My link

Second is on drivers side above rear window;

My link

My rust spot is similar but on the roof just above the windscreen. Most probably a stone chip through to the metal. I would like to remove the rust before touching up with paint but not too sure how best to do it or what to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Halfords will have products in little bottles that you dab on and it convertds rust back into unoxidised metal (supposedly)and you then touch it up with your own paint. I can't remember what I used last time but there are several products available.