Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Mpg Do Yo Get From Lpg

To be fair a £900 spend on a car worth £1,000 does not make any financial sense. My LPG converter who looks after my gassed van told me not to bother with the LS as it was just not worth it unless you do more than 10,000 miles a year and mean to keep the car for many years.

Views expressed here are not necessarily my own. :)

To be fair a £900 spend on a car worth £1,000 does not make any financial sense. My LPG converter who looks after my gassed van told me not to bother with the LS as it was just not worth it unless you do more than 10,000 miles a year and mean to keep the car for many years.

Views expressed here are not necessarily my own. :)

It might all be accedemic. It goes in for its MOT tomorrow. Watch this space...

Good luck with the MOT.

Only ever failed once on bulging flexible hoses at front which had just been passed in Lexus dealers check list at big service!

Had notifications on bushes but it still passed in the same Mot place a year later. Latest notification is on ball joint ends I'll check it out nearer the mot and see whether it is worth carrying on.

"To be fair a £900 spend on a car worth £1,000 does not make any financial sense"

Does if the only car that'll do equivilent mileage and luxury costs you £30k ;) the LPG will pay for itself quiet quickly and it also makes the car worth more.

It's like getting to MOT time and having the choice of scrapping the £1k car or spending £500 on it, if you scrap it you get £50 and no car so have £550 to spend, if you fix it you have a £1k car that doesn't need an MOT for another year and will probably be cheaper to get through the next one, as an example i'd be surprised if i need a rear control arm or any of the 4 front control arms or front right spring or discs as i replaced these for last MOT.

Still not been to get my lpg serviced and have clocked up 3300 miles!! Spoke to my installer and he says it's ok to drive as nothing seems to be wrong with it.

I have worked out I get approx. 20mpg from lpg on the motorway. I filled up at £0.55 a litre of lpg and managed to get 108 litres in my car.

I got back from my trip and filled up again and it took 103 litres. Out of the fuel, I managed to clock up 466 miles (prob. 20 miles local driving).

Not bad at all as it cost me £57 approx. for 470 miles. It's like running a diesel car :winky:

Not sure how much it would work out comparing to petrol. The mpg is probably a lot more, but I've worked it out for the lpg.

Oh yeah, I travelled at between 80-105mph all the way down (half the journey0 and mate drove back at approx. 85mph using the cruise control. :whistling:

Just wondering what mpg I would've got if travelling at 55mph?

• 2 months later...

It's a myth that LPG gives better fuel consumption. It dosen't. Quite the reverse but not by much. in fact gas is not as efficient as petrol, which is why any LPG will switch to petrol at about 120-125mph. After a while I'd know when it was about to change over. I could feel it.

Snaps

Thats strange mine still runs fine on lpg at 145mph do you have an older type single point conversion or a multipoint, mine only switches to petrol if i really give it the beans on acceleration, I had 25kw injectors fitted to try to maximise economy.

Thats strange mine still runs fine on lpg at 145mph do you have an older type single point conversion or a multipoint, mine only switches to petrol if i really give it the beans on acceleration, I had 25kw injectors fitted to try to maximise economy.

No,no a multipoint system.

No,no a multipoint system. Mine would kick out if I really kicked it and slammed down the hammer too. Did the 25kw's show a diff in consumption?

No,no a multipoint system. Mine would kick out if I really kicked it and slammed down the hammer too. Did the 25kw's show a diff in consumption?

There are a few factors involved in the multi point set up I chose the 25kw injectors as this would give me in theory a maximum power output of 200kw or 272 bhp,The mapping of the lpg piggy back computer was also set to follow the lexus petrol map settings,on initial set up, My injector nozels were also fitted as close as possable to the petrol injectors with equal length pipes(some firms fit them higher up in the inlet manifold or plenum) its easier but results in a loss in efficency as the mixture has further to travel to the piston.

If I wanted more power I would have to fit bigger rated injectors but then would probably have to fit a second vaporiser, one for each bank of pistons ( but this would defeat the object of lpg as I would use more).

Your system if it wont do any more than 125mph may have either too small a vaporiser,smaller rated injectors or the nozels mounted in the wrong place. Or if it hasn't had a lpg filter change in the last 12000 miles a partialy blocked filter.

I got a lot of advice from a mate of mine on what type of system to get, the installers I went to were also very helpfull & knowlegable, (they also explained the system in great detail) & I was driving the car when the system was set up on the lap top ( took a good 2 hours with tweeks here & there).

Sorry for going on hope the info is helpfull ( as I assume you will strip out the system on your 400 to put on your 430 if you decide on one)

ta & good luck Mark.