Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Drive With The Trc Off On A Regular Basis?

as title says... i have started to drive my car with the TRC OFF on a regular basis now for 2 weeks and i find the car more exciting to drive and also at the same time it is more economic for me somehow.

i dont drive with the trc off in the wet tho because i'd rather be on the safe side in the wet. lol

Hmmm I wonder how we used to live without TC.......

In its standard form the IS 200 is hardly powerful enough to get even a novice driver into trouble.. Unless you are on a lose surface in the dry, then the only way to get one to break traction is to rev the knackers off it and dump the clutch

hi guys

im wondering if my trc is working , when i have turned mine off i hardly notice any difference to be honest , what exactly does it do what should i be noticing or feeling when it is off ?

unless you enjoy pretending you're in films, nothing.

i do, so i turn mine off :lol:

what i actually mean to say is, without agressive driving, you won't see a massive difference, and probably won't notice at all unless you enjoy driving quickly / pay a hell of a lot of attention to your car. for example, on a wet roundabout at slow speeds, the traction control may slightly limit power and step in. but if you're on a lazy, half asleep drive to work, you probably won't notice. boot it in first out of a junction in the wet with it turned on, then do it with it off.... you'll notice the difference rather quickly!

The only reason i dont drive with if off more often is because of the TRC OFF light in the dash, the orange light reminds me of an engine warning light!

I think the car is much better when its turned off though, you can properly gun it about the corners!

as title says... i have started to drive my car with the TRC OFF on a regular basis now for 2 weeks and i find the car more exciting to drive and also at the same time it is more economic for me somehow.

i dont drive with the trc off in the wet tho because i'd rather be on the safe side in the wet. lol

Always drive with it off since I bought the car 3 years ago after an episode in the rain where the trc didn't kick in fast enough and nearly span me into a truck. Got more control of the car whith it off especially here in Mallorca where the roads turn into skid pans when it rains. Lots of fun on a quiet street but demolition derby in the city with the spanish drivers. HAHA!