Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well I knew the day would come when me and my Lexus would part. It is hard to believe that nearly three years has past since I first vistited these forums all excited about my knew car. On the whole my Lexus IS220D se-l Nav/srf was a great car and my first premium car with as many toys as I could ever wish for. From my experience the 220d gets a bad wrap for nothing. Yes the gearing was not perfect and yes the MPG was not the best in class. ( I got 39.7 over the 3 years I had it). Overall I was very happy.#

I have now purchased a new Mercedes E-class Coupe E350 AMG Sport. I have checked most of thee boxes to get to the level of toys that I am used to. I had a loan car from them on Friday past and did a normal work type trip to which my Lexus was used to. It managed 46.8 over 148 miles and lets say I had some fun with it to. It only had 700 miles on the clock. I have opted to do a personal collection from the factory in Bremen so that should be special.

Anyway thanks to all those who have posted on here over the years and given advice etc, it has been a great place of learning and good fun at times.

Regards Gtione

Nice one mate, I love those new E-class coupes and the 350 gives you a great compromise between power and economy.

Is it one of the blueefficiency ones though? I heard they have a problem where the transmission disengages when stationary, and the slight lag can be frightening when trying to make a quick getaway from a junction. Has that been sorted now then?

smile.gif It's a wee bit sad when good people like you leave. Balanced comments on the IS220D and in short saying it is not the demon portrayed by some. I think you've moved on to a wonderful car and wish you squillions of happy and enjoyable motoring.

All the very best.

Col...

Nice one mate, I love those new E-class coupes and the 350 gives you a great compromise between power and economy.

Is it one of the blueefficiency ones though? I heard they have a problem where the transmission disengages when stationary, and the slight lag can be frightening when trying to make a quick getaway from a junction. Has that been sorted now then?

Oh, I did not pick aanything like that up on the one that I had but will watch this space so to speak. Only lag I can report is the one were my head does not keep up with the car when I plant my right foot down. LOL.

Well I knew the day would come when me and my Lexus would part. It is hard to believe that nearly three years has past since I first vistited these forums all excited about my knew car. On the whole my Lexus IS220D se-l Nav/srf was a great car and my first premium car with as many toys as I could ever wish for. From my experience the 220d gets a bad wrap for nothing. Yes the gearing was not perfect and yes the MPG was not the best in class. ( I got 39.7 over the 3 years I had it). Overall I was very happy.#

I have now purchased a new Mercedes E-class Coupe E350 AMG Sport. I have checked most of thee boxes to get to the level of toys that I am used to. I had a loan car from them on Friday past and did a normal work type trip to which my Lexus was used to. It managed 46.8 over 148 miles and lets say I had some fun with it to. It only had 700 miles on the clock. I have opted to do a personal collection from the factory in Bremen so that should be special.

Anyway thanks to all those who have posted on here over the years and given advice etc, it has been a great place of learning and good fun at times.

Regards Gtione

L.O.L

post-34740-127919951413.jpg

Regards Gtione

L.O.L

LOL I know what you mean....

post-23063-127922645879.jpg

post-23063-127922704352.jpg