Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Engine/turbo

D6NGR

Right people i have decided instead of supercharging it i'd rather turbo the is200 i've seen different engines that peolpe are putting in their is200's what is the max you can do to the is200 engine as i have been speaking to simon at charlesworth motors and he said to turbo my car up it would cost around £6K or i could buy lexusis200sam engine and put it in mine any opions guys i want more than 300bhp and good solutions what to do with engine already in the car either to forge it and turbo it or a engine conversion!!! or buy sam's engine with a gte block!!!!

ohh yes because i thought if i get rid what am i going to buy that is comfortable and that has a bit of kick aswell golf's etcc are to common and now hopefully the problem is sorted i'd rather keep it and do some playing around with it Tommy H.

ohh yes because i thought if i get rid what am i going to buy that is comfortable and that has a bit of kick aswell golf's etcc are to common and now hopefully the problem is sorted i'd rather keep it and do some playing around with it Tommy H.

Now your talking sense mate, totally agree :winky:

just been looking at sparkystav's thread with his conversion not bad at all i wonder how much that same conversion would cost on my car and aslo was wondering is it faster than lexusis200sam's!!

I cost me £5k but he wouldnt do it again for that price, its more like £7k now at least.

thats why i got a set price in advance.

Pick a budget, then pick a garage YOU trust and go from there discussing options.

will do stav did you have any problems with your build i seriously don't know what garage i don't know wheather to give charlesworth a chance to build the car for me!!

so i should get a price in advnace and find a good tuner that will do my is200 who do you all recommend for me i now i keep and asking but i wnat my car to be done proper not when i am driving it it will over heat or the sparkplug will go through the head trust me i have heard story's.

thats good then i like garages like that lol when i was at charlesworth motors on friday we was talking about your car and simon was saying that you brought it to him with some issues that you had that silver line couldn't sort or sumat :huh:

thats good then i like garages like that lol when i was at charlesworth motors on friday we was talking about your car and simon was saying that you brought it to him with some issues that you had that silver line couldn't sort or sumat :huh:

Thats absolute b******s. the last time my car was at charlesworth for work to be done was for a cambelt change not long before it went for its conversion. theyve never worked on the car since its conversion. No body but myself and Silverline have (except a flywheel change but the local garage to put a solid one in from the dual mass

i was there again at christmas but only to pick him up when he dropped his car off for his turbo conversion.

if Silverline had let me down my car certainly wouldnt be there again now more a single turbo conversion for more power

so that means then that simon was lieing not impressed who did you drop sam to get his turbo is or someone elese are you getting your single conversion done that is going to be one crazy foooking lexus lol what power you going to achieve and also torque

so that means then that simon was lieing not impressed who did you drop sam to get his turbo is or someone elese are you getting your single conversion done that is going to be one crazy foooking lexus lol what power you going to achieve and also torque

No just changing the little twins on mine for a big single. but still using the same 1ggte engine i have.

lovely that is going to be crazy so what do you reckon then stav as a mate what shall i do either buy sam's engin nd put a bigger turbo on or get charlseworth motors to build one for me

Like ive said already, you need to decide on your budget then work out what you want, balls out power, reliability, driveability, originality. Youll get all four but only to an extent, so you got decide what you want the most of.

Sams engine is a nice option, but how much extra to fit it? could a garage offer you a setup you want new for a similar price?