Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Remove Roof Lining

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me how to or how hard it is to remove the interior roof lining of the is200? Im hoping to install some downlights into my car and would also like to know if there is much room between the actual roof lining and roof itself? (hope that made sence LOL)

Thanks

theres a bit of room but rember the sunroof goes it the gap not that hard to remove hardest bit is to try and get it in and out the car without cresing it to bad remove grab handles above the doors a - b - c pillar covers dome light and map light and if you have got the model with the rear veiw mirror attached to the roof remove the two screws also the sun visors.

Mikey

Just had a quick look around inside the car and there are no visible screws on the grab handles, middle and front light or rear view mirror.

How do I remove these? Haha sorry to be a pain but im a noob to the lexus and dont want to start breaking and scratching things if I dont have to.

Thanks heaps in advance

Grab handles - the plastic caps on each end remove these first then you will see the screws.

Middle light - remove the lense with a flat screwdriver then you should see 3 screws iirc,

dscf1743a.jpg

Front light - remove the casing just get four fingers behind it and work it down theres four little clip things, note the mirror is screwed to the headlining in the botom of the pic, is you rear veiw mirror stuck to the screen or roof lining ?

dscf1740s.jpg

dscf1739.jpg

B pillars - where the seat belt comes out yo need to split along the joint and there is a bolt in there i think 14mm iirc,

dscf1741.jpg

A pillars - just pull off

dscf1738.jpg

dont for get two push-in clips at the rear of the lining here is a pic of them

dscf1742zf.jpg

i will get some pics will be back shortly

You are an absolute legend!!!! Thanks sooo much for your help!! :D

Rear view mirror is stuck to the roof like yours.

I'll let you know how i go and then post some pics up for you to see :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links