Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Master Cylinder

jonnychurch28

Hello, I have recently had problems with my brakes and have come to the conclusion that it is my master cylinder. I have contacted my local dealer as to a price on a new one and this is £300 + VAT!!! very expensive!! Also Lexus have witheld the information to motor factors and it you are unable to purchase a new one from a universal company.

My question is, from previous experience I know that braking parts are bought in when the cars are being produced, whether this from bosch, AP, brembo etc i do not know.... but what i do believe is that this master cyliner must be fitted to another car on the market??

Hopefully if i can find this out I wil be able to source the part much cheaper from a motorfactor stating the different car model.

Can anybody help me on this??

Thanks Jonny

Hello, I have recently had problems with my brakes and have come to the conclusion that it is my master cylinder. I have contacted my local dealer as to a price on a new one and this is £300 + VAT!!! very expensive!! Also Lexus have witheld the information to motor factors and it you are unable to purchase a new one from a universal company.

My question is, from previous experience I know that braking parts are bought in when the cars are being produced, whether this from bosch, AP, brembo etc i do not know.... but what i do believe is that this master cyliner must be fitted to another car on the market??

Hopefully if i can find this out I wil be able to source the part much cheaper from a motorfactor stating the different car model.

Can anybody help me on this??

Thanks Jonny

PM me your chassis number and I will find out what other models this fits :)

Andy

Just checked all IS200 master cylinders and they are specific to each model only :( they are not used on any Toyota models at all.

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links