Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting A 3Rd Party Electric Antenna To A Mk4 Ls400

the motor on my original electric aerial on my mk4 ls400 is stuffed.... been looking for a replacement for a while, but couldnt find one anywhere.... so i decided to fit a 3rd party aerial till one turns up. As i want to fit a proper lexus aerial when i can get one, ive cut the plug off the broken aerial and wired in the 3rd party one..... used my trusty old volt meter to find a 12V supply, and a switched supply (that only shows voltage when the key is turned in the ignition..... but it doesnt work :( if anybody has successfully installed a 3rd party aerial, and remembers which coloured wires they used can i check i havent done something silly please

the motor on my original electric aerial on my mk4 ls400 is stuffed.... been looking for a replacement for a while, but couldnt find one anywhere.... so i decided to fit a 3rd party aerial till one turns up. As i want to fit a proper lexus aerial when i can get one, ive cut the plug off the broken aerial and wired in the 3rd party one..... used my trusty old volt meter to find a 12V supply, and a switched supply (that only shows voltage when the key is turned in the ignition..... but it doesnt work :( if anybody has successfully installed a 3rd party aerial, and remembers which coloured wires they used can i check i havent done something silly please

Hi

Did it work under test before fitting? Has it got a good earth? Were you not abe to connect into the old aerial wiring. I wouldn't say your actions are silly; many years ago I arrived at my mate's just in time to see him put the drill straight down the side of his new wing due to no masking tape. Now that WAS silly!

Hi

Did it work under test before fitting? Has it got a good earth? Were you not abe to connect into the old aerial wiring. I wouldn't say your actions are silly; many years ago I arrived at my mate's just in time to see him put the drill straight down the side of his new wing due to no masking tape. Now that WAS silly!

ok fixed it, somewhow i had wired the +12V and the earth round the wrong way ..... guess that will teach me for remembering which wire was what lol

nice to have a working aerial again.... i can go use a car wash now :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links