Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finis-Wax By Bilt Hamber Labs

PJ S

It's been a while since I last posted anything here, and as some of you may already know, I'm a big proponent of Bilt Hamber products due to their performance and very good value for money.

I also do a bit of testing for them on new products they've planned, and their new wax was given to me about a month before being released.

Whilst everyone was waiting on a topper for Auto-balm, designed to give them the beading characteristics desired, little did I know they'd devised a wax throughout the period of tweaking, etc they were doing on getting the topper just so.

Anyway, Bilt Hamber's new carnauba based wax, designed to withstand the rigours of neat detergent longer than Collinite, and with almost the same filling power as Auto-balm is now released, and here's a few shots I took for one member of detailing World, who'd already decided it wasn't the wax for him after another member's pictures and videos failed to excite him.

Not quite sure why his result differed so dramatically from my own, but sometimes it happens.

Two day old, unwashed beading results:

2034025010067168410S425x425Q85.jpg

2370414240067168410S425x425Q85.jpg

2332729410067168410S425x425Q85.jpg

2790144990067168410S425x425Q85.jpg

Click on the images to make them viewable at full resolution, or rather the 2400x1800 max size Webshots has resized them to!

* The video is not perfect, whatever YT do to encode it messes with the quality somewhat.

Hand applied - as in with the included foam applicator pad (microfiber cloth provided too) - not the bare hand method, as some detailers seem to prefer with certain brands of waxes.

I've never seen the advantage of applying regular LSP's by machine - just as quick and easy to do manually.

Dazz - pleased to hear you're happy with your Colly, maybe one to consider when it's needing replaced.

Not used Colly much myself, but have seen some comments saying it tends to have a muting effect on metallics.

Will have to put some 476 next to the Finis-wax, and see if there's any appreciable difference looks-wise.

I have myself used a few clays recently to see what i think is best and i found Bilt Hamber to offer a better job than other brands. Seeing these results i may have to venture out into more of there products. Do they do any good alloys or interior cleaning products?

p.s. Those pictures are very desktop background :D

Cheers Ian - it never occurred to me anyone would consider my amateur photography skills being desktop worthy!

As for other stuff:

Auto-Wash - free-rinsing highly concentrated shampoo.

Auto-Foam - wax-safe foaming pre-wash. Needs to be used through a heavy duty foam lance.

Surfex HD - extremely concentrated general purpose cleaner.

Wheel cleaner - not yet released, but as much as Surfex HD does a very good job at 5-10% diluted strength, the WC is SHD on steroids.

For interiors, I would highly recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant and Einszett Cockpit Premium, and Vinyl Cleaner.

Is the Auto wash a regular shampoo or for just preparing the paint ?

Does it leave the Autobalm on the car ?

I'm going to order some more balm at some point, so might try the Auto wash.

I'm using Meguires Gold Class at the moment, then drying with the help of Final Touch - but it can get streaky.

Thanks !

Auto-wash is a very free-rinsing mild shampoo - it's my go to one, along with Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild.

Not tried the Supernatural shampoo, but then see no need to as both of those have yet to let me down.

Yes, all 3 will leave the 'balm on the car - just be careful of the Meg's GC, it's known to be quite aggressive when used too strongly a solution. Not sure how much you use, or what price it is compared to the AW or BTBM, but with only 5-10ml per 10L of water needed, it may be more cost effective than GC.

I don't know what GC smells like - been years since I last had some in my hands.

That even assumes its fragrance is a standard one, or unique to that product alone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links