Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Virgin

Hi

I'd like to introduce myself. After years of old Jags and large Peugeots I've just bought a 2004 LS430 Premium Pack.

It's also my first V8 after lots of V6s and straight 6s.

I always intended to have a Daimler Super V8, but at the back of my mind was this nagging voice telling me to look at the LS and once my wife had seen it, well....

Because of work commitments (I'm abroad at the moment) I won't be able to pick it up until 2nd August so I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas. The first thing I'm going to do is convert it to LPG then drive it overseas on holiday.

I do have a few questions concerning LPG and some other questions about bike racks, ipod kits and such but I'll spend some time looking through the forum first to see if I can find what I need.

I'm glad to be here, hope to meet some like-minded luxo-barge lovers.

Cheers.

Hi, welcome & congratulations :D

There's a fair few discussions on LPG & conversions so hopefully you should find some good information and if you need anything else answered we have plenty of knowledgeable guys who I'm sure will be more than happy to help out :D

I'm absolutely drowning in work at the moment so this has been pushed to the back of my mind

But I collect my LS430 on Monday evening and I'm starting to get a bit excited. I'm going to drive it to Warsaw, then three days later I'm driving it to the Polish Lakes with the kids where we're going to spend a few days fishing, riding bikes, drinking and having bbqs with my Polish wife's family. There'll be about 25 of us in all and I'm secretly looking forward to showing it off. A car like this costs 3 or 4 times as much in Central Europe so I'm hoping to bask in its radiated glory. I'll probably have put 1400 miles on it within 7 days.

I'm wondering what should be the first tune I play on the Mark Levinson stereo. These are important considerations. I think it should be an Ian Brown tune, perhaps from his My Way album, but my wife wants it to be the tune we walked down the isle to - which was the theme to Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased). I'm also starting to compile some DVDs for my wife to watch on the long journey across Europe. She says she wants to sit up front with me - I think she's mental - who wouldn't want to be sitting in the back of an LS430 having their bum massaged whilst watching Dancing with the Stars?

I'll let you know how it goes...

All the best

Dave