Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg On Is220D

paulcarter

To be honest it varies. How you drive, temperature, blah dee blah. 35 isn't too bad really. I'm Averaging 38-48mpg depending on whwther it's a long run or town driving or a mix of all. Check the EGR valve and the version of ECU flash.. should be 600.

Col.. msn-wink.gif

Check the EGR valve and the version of ECU flash.. should be 600.

I thought the same. Mine used to be on 400, got told by Lexus there was a 600 but they have said it aint for my engine (2006 220D) and 500 is the latest. Confirmed today.

I thought the same. Mine used to be on 400, got told by Lexus there was a 600 but they have said it aint for my engine (2006 220D) and 500 is the latest. Confirmed today.

600 is for 2007 on-wards so I'm reliably informed..

Col..msn-wink.gif

can anybody tell me what a realistic mpg figure can be expected on a 2007 IS220D, I am only getting about 35mpg, seems very low.

Thanks

Paul

Bit more info on mine, I have just had the EGR valve and pipe replaced and as said above its on 500.

Coming back from manchester, reset the trip on the M6 as it was clear, cruise set at 70, it did 39.5 mpg over around 20 miles.

As I have a sport I know that the revs will be higher than a std so less economical under certain conditions. At 70 the revs are @ just over 2000rpm.

I can drive in 6th at just over 50 on A and B roads with no issue or too much lag - here it will happily get 45 + mpg.

well i just the other day took my new is220 se (2006 model) into the dealers for a couple of outstand recall bits that needed doing and moaned to them that the mpg wasnt right

on the way to the dealers i reset the trip and got a 35 avg mpg they said they'd look at it

went to pick the car up later that day and they said they needed to speak to me and they said that they needed the car back in for a full engine re-strip to sort the fuel economy peoblem bear in mind id only had the car 3 days so i wasnt best please until the nice chappie said well be in touch in the next few days because it can take a couple of days to get warrenty clearence for this type of work (i thought warrenty? i dont have a lexus extended warrenty and i bought from a independant garage of which i have their crappy 3 year warrenty) but it looks like they may be tring to do it as a good will or smething i dont no until they call

anyways i thought ill reset the trip again and seen what i get on the return journey (exactly the same distance and exactly the same route) was very suplised i actually averaged 45.5 mpg iv been driving very short distances since to shops and around town and its never gone below 39-40mpg and currantly on 41

so they must have done something

from a £20 spot of dielsel at £1.16 a litre i got 165 miles this is with a very good few miles of town and local driving!

which i dont think is too bad

how do you check the ECU Flash

cheers rob

Lexus can check it for you or a garage with the appropriate diag tool. They simply plug the reader into the ECU connection on the drivers side and it will report the version (plus any error codes etc).

For a 2006 model the latest ECU flash is 500.

how do you check the ECU Flash

cheers rob

Lexus can check it for you or a garage with the appropriate diag tool. They simply plug the reader into the ECU connection on the drivers side and it will report the version (plus any error codes etc).

For a 2006 model the latest ECU flash is 500.

Cheers bigmick

I have the 2008 model only had it 3 months must admit i have never had a lexus before and i see some people have had problems by reading the post on here but touch wood mine has been superb i love it and the wife loves it too which is a bonus but she would have to like it or lump it anyway

Cheers bigmick

I have the 2008 model only had it 3 months must admit i have never had a lexus before and i see some people have had problems by reading the post on here but touch wood mine has been superb i love it and the wife loves it too which is a bonus but she would have to like it or lump it anyway

No probs, I was a veteran just 6 months ago.... As long as you have a warranty then I am sure you will be happy... There are a few flaws but on the whole I have been very happy with the car and I come from a line of German alternatives.

• 2 months later...

I am in the midst of something similar to reeves1985. I have been saying that the MPG was not right on my 2006 IS220d for the last year to my Lexus dealer. They cleaned out the EGR valve which made a huge difference to the way the car accelerated at low revs but no change to the MPG. Then this morning I took it in for a 12 month service and asked them to have another try at sorting the MPG problem as I am getting very close to sub 20 tank averages now. I rang back a few hours later to mention that the heater had stopped working. Apparently they said that was when the penny dropped.

They then found that the head gasket had gone and I needed a new one along with a new engine block! They also said something about de-coking. All of this will take about 3 weeks during which they have given me a very pleasant 2010 courtesy IS220d.

Apparently this is all part of my MPG problems of the last year. Any ideas what is going on?

Oh, and they are putting it up to Lexus GB for out of warranty repair which I am very impressed by. I will however become very unimpressed if they say no.

• 1 month later...

Just bought an IS220D 2009 model, and want to reset the ECU preferably without removing the Battery.

The mpg I'm getting on an average tank is 43mpg, but this is driving so carefully, that it's not really the fun car it should be! Particularly as the best mpg is gained at around 40-45mph in 5th gear. :duh:

I know this is good compared to others on these forums (some would say brilliant), but I'd still really like to clear the history set by the previous owner.

I've looked in all 3 fuse boxes and can't find fuses labelled with EFI or ETCS as suggested in earlier topics.

Is it different fuses in the newer models, or is there a 4th fuse box?!