Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus In Movieland

Anger Manegment has one that Jack Nicholson Smashes up with a Baseball bat then lets it roll off the top of a high rise car park

looked like an LS430

LOL that was funny

minority report had a special red lexus made

Alan Partridge :whistling:  :lol:  :lol:

...which was apparently a 300 badged as a 200? :ph34r:

There was an SC430 in Footballer's Wives..........

(Ooooh - did I really just admit to watching that???  :oops:

Shhhh... don't mention the copy of Hello magazine on the coffee table either :lol:

Well the story goes that Steve Coogan requested (and got) an IS300, but that for filming it was badged as an IS200 to fit in more with "Alan's" image?? :geek:

How many people are now rifling through their Alan Partridge collection ...

To see if his car was manual or auto :D

:backofnet:

Hmm, i remembered seeing inside the car, and it looked like an SE.

Didnt notice any tints, and im sure i saw a manual gearshift :yawn:

Hehe, it's bugging me now cos I'm sure I saw this in a magazine or on a website somewhere. So I thought I'd do a search on "Alan Partridge Lexus", but wouldn't you know it - there's Lexus dealers in the States called Partridge! Anyway, posted a query on the Steve Coogan website... wonder if they know? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mark_tsang

recently i borrowed a film on VCD (a Hong Kong movie) called 'Infernal Affairs' yes i did say Infernal, this action film is about Triad crime & lots of undercover cops in that film...

got quite a few Lexus in that film, a IS200, SC430, RX300,

BTW Toyota Altezza out sells IS200 in Hong Kong as with Aristo also outsells GS300 as well.

just thought i say......

Used to be based in Tai Tam, then Sham Sui Po and Western although was always found hooning out through the Lion Rock and around Chai Wan :D :D :D

Gotta miss the pub called Ridgeways (Wan Chai) or The Smugglers (Stanley) though....

Lexus appear to be popping up all over the place on TV atm, seen a feew Toyota's as well but can't remember where.

The Partridge car was a standard IS on loan from Lexus HQ as you can see from the plates. Not that I am nerdy but I did used to date an employee....

Chris Shipley could probly back this up...

Loz

and the LS400 mk3 was used in Anger Management for the roof top scene Oh Sh*t! I am a nerd! :geek::geek::geek::oops: :shutit: :whistling:

Guest mark_tsang

also another films also in HongKong i think of with lexus's, a film called 'SuperCar Criminals', is got Lexus LS400 as police car & Lexus LX470, it looks exactly same as landcruiser amazon apart from front. both Landcruisier amazon & LX470 isnt offically sold in HongKong.

im not living in HongKong, my family from hongKong, a place called Yeung Long in New Territories, i been HKG lots of times.

i didnt know Harrier outsell RX300. i notice in HongKong not many people buy Lexus ES300 as is basically same as Toyota Camry.

atleast SARS all cleared now so safe to go......