Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gearbox Noise

Sonic1

Hello all

I am new to the forum and it looks great

I have just bought a 2004 54 plate IS200 SE with 66000 miles on the clock with full history,last serviced at 61000 miles

My problem is that when the car is stood still in neutral i can hear a whearing noise,when i push the cluth pedal down it stops and all is quiet and good.

All the gears sellect perfect and smooth on the move and the clutch is very light to operate,doesnt slip and only has a very small amount of judder if the revs are very low not that noticable really.However it does whine a little in all the gears

Any ideas? Thrust bearing noise?,will changing the oil cure the slight whine from the box?

Thanks in advance

Hello all

I am new to the forum and it looks great

I have just bought a 2004 54 plate IS200 SE with 66000 miles on the clock with full history,last serviced at 61000 miles

My problem is that when the car is stood still in neutral i can hear a whearing noise,when i push the cluth pedal down it stops and all is quiet and good.

All the gears sellect perfect and smooth on the move and the clutch is very light to operate,doesnt slip and only has a very small amount of judder if the revs are very low not that noticable really.However it does whine a little in all the gears

Any ideas? Thrust bearing noise?,will changing the oil cure the slight whine from the box?

Thanks in advance

that's the release bearing mate that's making the noise!!!!not too bad a job you only get two hours to do a clutch.

mine does the same dual mass flywheel my problem is and it is doing the exact same as yours got told my charleseworth motors and also another independent garage

dual mass will cause a judder but wont cause a whine and it wont ever cause a whine coz theirs no parts in it that can cause a whine!!!!!

when they start to go they start to knock then if you leave it you loose all drive. also if you read he says when you push the clutch pedal it goes away!!!!!pushing the clutch pedal has no affect on the flywheel!!

its the release bearing 1000%% i have done many is200's with this fault!!!!