Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Rear Boot Lid

Hi,

Ive got a 2002 IS 200 Sport - I need to replace the rear boot lid. Its one with the rear break light. I've looked on eBay but cant find a replacement with the break light. Where's the most cost effective place to get one of these?

Thanks!

Glassy

A new bootlid with the spoiler mounting holes predrilled is £171.86 + vat but you would have the cost of spraying on top of that.

Andy

Could you not swap the spoiler from your car onto another bootlid or is that damaged as well?

Its only the bootlid thats damaged, the boot is fine. Its finding another boot lid that im having difficulty with.

The brake light isn't on the bootlid, it's on the spoiler that's attached to the bootlid. So my question was why not get a bootlid off eBay or a breakers, and then remove the spoiler on your current bootlid and have it fitted to the new bootlid (hence why I asked if it was damaged or not).

The brake light isn't on the bootlid, it's on the spoiler that's attached to the bootlid. So my question was why not get a bootlid off ebay or a breakers, and then remove the spoiler on your current bootlid and have it fitted to the new bootlid (hence why I asked if it was damaged or not).

Right, I see what you're saying. I didnt realise it was a boot lid, then a spoiler. If thats the case its the casing round the break light thats damaged. I'll need to have a closer look to see if the boot lid is damaged, I thought it was just a complete part, apologies.

Right, I see what you're saying. I didnt realise it was a boot lid, then a spoiler. If thats the case its the casing round the break light thats damaged. I'll need to have a closer look to see if the boot lid is damaged, I thought it was just a complete part, apologies.

No worries, just trying to figure out what the problem was :)

In that case it might be a lot cheaper fix for you as you might only need the rear spoiler, or even just the plastic light housing if that's all that's broken.

I just called Lexus Guildford and for the bootlid without the lamp painted is £550. Crikey!

AClex - Is that for the boot lid that the break light will fit into? Where is that from, Lexus?

Ouch, that price is just for the spoiler and that is + vat :(

Have a look at this for a better idea......

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/Blade918/spoiler.jpg

Andy

Its definately a one piece spoiler. There isnt a boot lid with a spoiler on top with the light, its one whole spoiler/lid that has a break light in it. It looks like a proper lexus piece, any ideas where I can get one for cheaper. Even if its after market etc. I'm not willing to pay £500+ for a lexus one.

Its definately a one piece spoiler. There isnt a boot lid with a spoiler on top with the light, its one whole spoiler/lid that has a break light in it. It looks like a proper lexus piece, any ideas where I can get one for cheaper. Even if its after market etc. I'm not willing to pay £500+ for a lexus one.

Does the back of your car look like this? If it does, that is a spoiler on top of the bootlid. If it doesn't then I imagine that you have some aftermarket part as this is what was fitted to the IS200 Sport (and IS300)

08022010038.jpg

(sorry to Rory for borrowing one of his pics :) )

Yes, exactly like that.

Then it's definitely a spoiler on top of a bootlid - the spoiler is stuck and bolted to the top of the bootlid.

Which part is broken/damaged?

Its the casing around the breaklight thats cracked and come away. Cant repair it as a bit missing.

Mars doesnt have any spares and Gatwick is a treck for me. Would rather buy one and have it delivered or pick one up a bit closer.

Its the casing around the breaklight thats cracked and come away. Cant repair it as a bit missing.

Mars doesnt have any spares and Gatwick is a treck for me. Would rather buy one and have it delivered or pick one up a bit closer.

here's one