Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Footwell Leds

Shepherd

Few people have done this in the mk1 IS200, but not in the IS220d as it already has lights in there. However it should be much easier for you as the wiring is already there, just tap into it and add an inline fuse and diode.

Easy to do mate. I have a set in my front grill will post pics when its dark. AS tyour using leds they dont draw much power so you can tap straight into any current lights already in place. I bought so LED strips from japan think they were a quid. They are very slim i have them on the bottoms of my doors as well(thats how slim they are) they light up the road/pavement when you open the door and have a set on the underside of the sills that come on with interior light when unlocking car puddle lights i think they call them

Easy to do mate. I have a set in my front grill will post pics when its dark. AS tyour using leds they dont draw much power so you can tap straight into any current lights already in place. I bought so led strips from japan think they were a quid. They are very slim i have them on the bottoms of my doors as well(thats how slim they are) they light up the road/pavement when you open the door and have a set on the underside of the sills that come on with interior light when unlocking car puddle lights i think they call them

That sounds brilliant, do you have a link to the strips? I've been thinking about putting some under the doors but couldn't find anything thin enough......

Easy to do mate. I have a set in my front grill will post pics when its dark. AS tyour using leds they dont draw much power so you can tap straight into any current lights already in place. I bought so led strips from japan think they were a quid. They are very slim i have them on the bottoms of my doors as well(thats how slim they are) they light up the road/pavement when you open the door and have a set on the underside of the sills that come on with interior light when unlocking car puddle lights i think they call them

That sounds brilliant, do you have a link to the strips? I've been thinking about putting some under the doors but couldn't find anything thin enough......

yes please..it would be really nice to have a link to thise thin LED strips

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-15-LED-SMD-12V-Flexible-Car-Auto-Strip-Light-30cm-/220630201862?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335e95b606

these look just like the ones i got. not from same seller though (cant find him now) but as they as quid each buy some and try. I got a couple at first to try them, then ordered more as i needed them. Just double check as i ordered some in white and they had a blue tint to them so no use for front of car and for the cost they wasnt worth sending back. As i said these look like the ones i have but not same seller. They are only about 2/3 mill thick and easily fit on the bottom of the door and wire up direct to the red light in the door. they come in diffrent lengths i have some on the bottom of the sills wired to the interior light so they come one when you unlock the car. they pretty bright to.

Did some screwing and found out the following.

The red door light came off easily as it is only clipped at one end. Pictures attached

The driver foot well light is attached to black plastic panel held by two scresa and some clips that can be undone with finger nails. Pictures attached

The pasanger side one is also attached to black plastic base and this comes off by just pulling it away from the the glovebox and goes back in the same way. Pic attached. Idid manage to loose one of these metal clips that hold it togeter so be a bit careful with that.

Hope this helps

post-34037-128041310287.jpg

post-34037-128041311882.jpg

post-34037-128041313315.jpg

post-34037-128041314424.jpg

post-34037-128041315699.jpg

Theres 2 wires to each of them lights. If you splice the l.e.ds into the wiring then that will power them. L.e.ds are very low power draw so wont need any extra power suply or fuses.. just check poss and neg on the l.e.ds before you make perminant fix as they only work one way round