Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much For This Grille And How Much Should I Lower The Car?

General

Hi, I've got an IS200 in grey, I've put on a front lip, grille, HID kit and the IS200 sport alloys, the 6 spoke ones, I think they're called Aero wheels? These aren't on the car on the photo below by the way.

Anyway how much can I lower it by on the 18's without it scraping? If it makes any difference it's the Sports Navigator version, don't know if the suspension is different on these?

Thanks for your help, pic of the car is below.

is200.jpg

Edited by janey
Non-Gold, therefore unable to offer items for sale

That grille looks like a debadged sport grille. I brought mine from eBay for £38.00 new from lexbirm.

I would personally lower car no more than 35mm or anymore looks bit chavtastic and you may struggle with speed bumps with the splitter

Mines lowered 40mm with the same splitter and havn't had any problems.

"Any lower than 35 and it looks chavtastic" ???

Have a look the pictures in my garage and you'll see there is nothing "chavtastic" looking about it :shutit:

That grille looks like a debadged sport grille. I brought mine from ebay for £38.00 new from lexbirm.

I would personally lower car no more than 35mm or anymore looks bit chavtastic and you may struggle with speed bumps with the splitter

any less than 35mm and theirs no point!!!!the is200's sit high standard!!!!chavtastic??????what a lot of *****!!!

p3005101738.jpg

lowered 90mm front and 100mm rear..

i have no problems going over speed bumps etc or with having a full car...

I'd love to see the drop on that :) Any pics of it?

Anyone got photos of a 40mm drop as well?

pic is above mate...

if you look in my sig(the pic) thats a 40mm drop

I like both of them! Very nice and clean too! Ormi, where did you get the front headlights from? Are they Altezza lights?

no mate i done them myself......remove from the car put in the oven pull the lense off and paint the inside a colour of your choice......

I like both of them! Very nice and clean too! Ormi, where did you get the front headlights from? Are they Altezza lights?

no mate i done them myself......remove from the car put in the oven pull the lense off and paint the inside a colour of your choice......

Sounds good. Is there a thread somewhere on how I can do this, how long I put it in the oven, do I paint it or spray etc.

its opinions like that "chavvy" one that give owners clubs the gash reputation they've got across the internet......

i'd post pics of mine but i doubt they'd help you as im on 17s mate.

I'd still like to see it if you don't mind. Is that the Sports version Lexus?

Personaly, I don't think you can get much chavy with a Lexus unless you put some ridiculous fast & furious style bits on there...chavy cars in my head; kitted up Corsas and Saxos with £1000s spent on it for nothing!

Depends on your budget,

Iv recently had a full coilover kit installed and set around 60mm, £480 without labour

No gaps between the wheels and arches, and im on standard se alloys 17"

both cars had kit, the black one has full kit, and i manage to go over all bumps..

With the coilovers the springs are highly tensioned so it does not let the wheels

go in the arches therefore there will be no scrapes, yet still a comfortable ride

two pics below,, both on coilovers around 60mm.....

30318118752834818396100.jpg

my previous lexus

29072010204.jpg

my current lexus, unfortunatly this is the only pic i have of it lowered

here's mine, currently on 40mm springs.

36861_416004821344_501761344_4810646_995805_n.jpg

36841_420456216344_501761344_4928252_1247236_n.jpg

as you can see, the general rule with springs is you end up with reverse rake (the front higher than the back). happened to the last two cars i've had as well. i'll be buying coilovers in the near future.